X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help! Need gift ideas for co-workers -- $10 or less

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
    What is Muddy Buddies? Does it have any other name
    They are made by Chex Mix - some people call them puppy chow. It's chex cereal coated with peanut butter and chocolate then rolled in powdered sugar.

I tried to upload a picture but I can't. If you google it you will find recipes for your own or places to buy them. I get mine at Target.

Comment

I looked it up and they even make snickerdoodle and mint!
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
        I looked it up and they even make snickerdoodle and mint!
        Haven't seen these but I'll have to look for them. Might make for some interesting variations. Mint with mint M&Ms?

Comment

I came across stainless steel drinking straws on Amazon the other day. Some come in multiple packs with silicon tips, a bottle type brush to clean them, and a carrying case for less than $10. I know of two major airports (San Fransciso and Atlanta) that have banned plastic straws, more will surely follow. So a carry along straw would be a great little gift/stocking stuffer. If I had to give a $10 dollar gift to a group of co-workers, these straws would be it.

Comment

Thanks for the great ideas, Everyone!

I decided to go with gift cards, just because they are quick and easy. I am definitely taking notes so I can do better next year!

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 7.05.18 AM.jpg

Comment

You could quilt up some wadding and fabric scraps to make some key chain wristlets, super easy and nice hardware is inexpensive

Comment

I know you said you didn't want to make anything, but I made these mousepads for 8 women in my book club. I ordered "bookshelf" fabric from spoonflower but you could use any fabric for coworkers. They didn't take any time at all and were cheap to make too.
                https://tipjunkie.com/diy-fabric-scr...omemade-gifts/
                I am Sew Blessed!
                Alina

Comment

Originally posted by Iolosdad View Post
                  You could quilt up some wadding and fabric scraps to make some key chain wristlets, super easy and nice hardware is inexpensive
                  https://youtu.be/mySF1cUqDLQ Or https://youtu.be/uo0WQ3vIR6Y

Comment

OK, Charyti gets the credit for this one.

Crafty Gemini has a tutorial for a reversible "quilted" bowl. The one Charyti made me last year is perfect for my Wonderclips. I gave the pattern a try and it's pretty easy. It turned out cute and would be a great way to use up binding strip stragglers. Even for my first one (a bit of trial & error) it was easily under an hour if you machine sew the binding.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

A pretty dish would be nice. Maybe from t j max or marshalls where they have some cute little dishes for candy and such. Thrift stores sometimes have a nice dish that you could add a baked good or candy to that would make a nice gift

Comment

Originally posted by amartin24 View Post
                        I know you said you didn't want to make anything, but I made these mousepads for 8 women in my book club. I ordered "bookshelf" fabric from spoonflower but you could use any fabric for coworkers. They didn't take any time at all and were cheap to make too.
                        https://tipjunkie.com/diy-fabric-scr...omemade-gifts/
                        I love this! Thanks!

Comment

I think a nice generic card with a short handwritten note for the people you work most closely with is classy. Tape a candy cane to it if you have to. If you think back do you have a mental list of who gave you what in past offices? I don't and I bet nobody else will remember either.

I guess I'm lucky that my department does a secret Santa gift exchange with a price limit that you can opt-out of, no questions asked. I'll probably bring a bottle of craft beer and a card for the three people I work most closely with. Cheap and still fun.
                          The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

Working...
                          X