X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCY
    replied
    Re: Good Sunday Morning

Hi! I'm back again. I had a nice post written at 6 a.m. & then it wouldn't post. Go figure. Anyway, we had heavy frost this a.m. & 26 deg. High was 68 with sunshine, but now it has clouded up & the temp. is dropping. We are under a winter storm warning (this a.m. the weather web site said "watch") from Mon. eve. to Tues. eve. for 6-12" of snow! Not looking forward to that at all. I'll try to get my errands done tomorrow a.m. I stopped by Vitamin Cottage after church this a.m. for several items. I buy my Kombucha there, as well as certain vits., fluoride-free toothpaste, organic spelt flour, etc. With the recall because of e-coli, there was no romaine in the store.

DH has a routine dr. appt. at 10 a.m. tomorrow. I'll bring him home, then hit the main groc. store where I do most of my shopping & make a stop at the bakery. On Tues. & Wed. I need to bake DH's bread & make chicken soup again, not on the same day. I hope the store won't be too crazy, which it usually is prior to a snow storm & an upcoming holiday.

From 4-6 p.m. today is the retirement reception for our pastor. There will be a meal & a program. He's been at our church 22 yrs. Sure hate to see him go. He wants to be able to spend more time at home with his wife, who has had 2 brain surgeries in the past 14 mos. She just completed a round of radiation, in hopes that the tumors won't grow again. (They were benign.) They're also expecting their first grand child in the spring. It's been at least 8 yrs. since DH felt up to attending church. The pastor has visited in our home, given DH Communion, even checked the gutters for leaves in the fall for 2 or 3 yrs. In 2005, he came to the hosp. very early in the a.m. to be with us & pray for us before I went in to have my surgery. He will be greatly missed by many. DH had wanted him to do his funeral, but I guess that won't happen now. He's not terminal, but I guess now we'll have to come up with plan B.

I hope everyone has a good week & Thanksgiving, & the weather won't affect too many people's travel plans.

Leave a comment:

• Cokie
    replied

It's been a mix of sun and clouds here today. I had great plans of accomplishing things this weekend but I'm fighting a bad cold and cough, so I've stayed home and done little to nothing except sleep and drink tea! I really need to go to the grocery store but it might have to wait until tomorrow after work. I need to do at least one load of laundry today and I might wrap a few Christmas gifts. I have not had the sewing mojo for some time but I do have an embroidery machine project I'd like to try.

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied

Good afternoon everyone. Jeannette, congrats on the dress. I remember well shopping with my daughter for the dress. Of course, the first dress she tried on was over her budget and the one she ended up getting. At least it wasn't outrageously over the budget. She still came in under budget on the wedding.

Suzanne, hope you're feeling better soon. Jean, have fun with your daughter and tell Cindy hello for me.

My plans for this week have changed quite a bit since yesterday. I was planning on being home alone with my quilting Thursday morning, but now DD and SIL are having Turkey day with his family today, so I am now cooking for Thanksgiving so they have something to eat before going to work at 4 on Thursday. They both work at Target, so it's the nature of retail. They're used to it and always have crazy stories afterwards. Yesterday was full of errands being accomplished. Went to the grocery store after church this morning, so I'm set (I think). So far, the only thing I forgot was whipped cream.

I did piece the backing for the t-shirt quilt yesterday. Today I will finish loading it and start the quilting, after I decide on a color thread for quilting the front. I best get busy. I guess you can't finish tasks if you don't start.

Leave a comment:

• CraftyJnet
    replied

Good morning everyone! It is a beautiful day here, crisp with sunny skies. I'm happy to say she said yes to the dress! My daughter found her wedding dress yesterday. It is a tulip shape so not quite a mermaid and it looks lovely on her.

Suzanne, I hope you feel better soon.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Good Morning....Jeff is out hunting again today. He may even take tomorrow off work if he doesn't kill a deer today.

I have a nail appointment today at 10 followed by a brief stop at WalMart. I would love to have been able to stay at home all day and sew. The embroidery machine is calling my name.

It's going to be warmer today and the rain has stopped. We have some real winter on the way to us.

Wishing everyone a blessed Sunday...Hugs

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Good morning! I’m in Atlanta with my oldest daughter and her hubby and two monsterously precious dogs ( they are big and precious!). Yesterday my daughter received her certificate from Georgia Tech for her 24 week boot camp computer class. She was chosen as the spokesperson for her class at the graduation ceremony. I was one proud momma! She worked very hard during this class, 3 classes per week, each class 3-4 hours long, plus monstrous web design projects, and I am so proud of her because she always is “all in” on anything she works on! Now we are all hoping this hard work pays off in a good job!

But for now, we will play together in the sewing room! Later today, we are going to visit our forum member Cindy Tartal ( SeaTurtle) at a huge craft festival near by. Cindy makes gorgeous handbags and I am looking forward to seeing what she has produced. I am spending 10 days here, so lots of shopping and crafting will be in our future! Plus my SIL is an excellent cook, and does the entire T-Day dinner with no help, and it is always delicious!

Have a great day and holiday week!
    I miss Cindy on the forum.

Leave a comment:

• baslp
    replied

Good morning. Dreary weather here. It may brighten up this afternoon. I was able to get a few more rows sewed together on my quilt. It is an odd size for a lap quilt in my opinion—80x80. I want Togo to a quit store and buy the backing today. Today is the last day for 30 % off 4 + yards. I haven’t been to that store for a couple of months.
    I am hoping that my DS will make dinner tonight. He is a much better cook than I am. He really liked the puppy. He was still disappointed that he did not get to see her when she was much smaller.

Have a good day.
    Beth

Leave a comment:

• chelea
    replied

Good Sunday morning to you all. It's another dreary November day, rain and mid-forties. We were supposed to leave today for our holiday trip to VA but the storm is huge and we'd be driving through rain all day. I see on the radar that the western side of the storm has snow, so we've postponed our trip to tomorrow.
    Yesterday was Gypsy Wife class at the LQS. The group started with 12 students. We've had 3 classes and already a third have dropped out for various reasons. There's a lot of improv and I'm having a blast with it. We've been making the blocks themselves as "homework" and putting the sections together in class. That's the more challenging part.
    I'm almost finished with the sailboat baby quilt...just stitching the binding left to do. The Christmas tree skirt is next in line. The binding is sewn on, just need to hand stitch to the back.
    So that' s the story for today. Hope you all have a good day.

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

Good morning everyone,

It looks like another sunny day above the freezing mark is in store. DH got half of our outdoor lights up. He does the tall two blue spruces when it gets dark as it's easier to see where to hang the lights. Today he hopes to finish the rest of front, side and back yard. I've been no help, still sick and low energy. I was up from 2-5 am with sinus & headache pain, coughing and sneezing.

Yesterday I did manage to get groceries, as the fridge was pretty bare - no fruits and veggies. We have a freezer of meats, but I really like fresh veggies. Apples were .67 cents/lb and really beautiful. If DH doesn't like some of them, I can make apple mixture to freeze for crumble or pie. I took a nap in afternoon and while DH was outside, I did more cutting of scraps in my sewing room. I'm well set up to do this. I have visions of scrappy quilts dancing in my head.

I don't have many plans today, just rest and maybe some more cutting. I won't be able to visit mom, as I don't want to pass my cold to anyone. It's hard, because she doesn't pick up her phone anymore, fear of telemarketers.

Joy - your quilt is beautiful. I'm certain your pastor and his wife will love it.

Have an enjoyable day.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Good morning! I’m in Atlanta with my oldest daughter and her hubby and two monsterously precious dogs ( they are big and precious!). Yesterday my daughter received her certificate from Georgia Tech for her 24 week boot camp computer class. She was chosen as the spokesperson for her class at the graduation ceremony. I was one proud momma! She worked very hard during this class, 3 classes per week, each class 3-4 hours long, plus monstrous web design projects, and I am so proud of her because she always is “all in” on anything she works on! Now we are all hoping this hard work pays off in a good job!

But for now, we will play together in the sewing room! Later today, we are going to visit our forum member Cindy Tartal ( SeaTurtle) at a huge craft festival near by. Cindy makes gorgeous handbags and I am looking forward to seeing what she has produced. I am spending 10 days here, so lots of shopping and crafting will be in our future! Plus my SIL is an excellent cook, and does the entire T-Day dinner with no help, and it is always delicious!

Have a great day and holiday week!

Leave a comment:

• Mom23
    replied

Good Morning,

Yesterday was a productive day, just not in the sewing room. I had a bridal shower, babysat for grandson, shopped with daughter, and helped my mom. Last night I watched two full Hallmark Christmas movies in my chair, under my blanket, with no busy work in my hands. I just watched, which is something I never do. It was so peaceful with just the Christmas tree lights on.

Today I'm meeting my sister to get my mom a new Christmas tree then decorating at moms. It doesn't look like I will get any sewing done but that's ok.

download-1.jpg

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

Good Morning, Everyone ~ On another browser, I had just written a lengthy post, but for some reason, it wouldn't post. So, I've switched over to Google Chrome. I don't have more time now to re-write what I had written, so I'll get back later. Have a good day!

Leave a comment:

• Nwmnteacher
    replied

Good morning all,

My mind is on overload it seems. I have 3 days of work in a row...starting yesterday. It was crazy busy....lots and lots of fleece cutting. My back is sore from spending a good part of the day at the cut counter. There are really good sales going on, so today will probably be a clone of yesterday. I'm trying to get organized for the trip to NC. I leave on Tues. for the 6 hour drive to Minneapolis, then my DD and I will fly out early Wed. morning. We'll be gone for a week. DH will stay home with all the animals, so I need to get some instructions ready for him. The tree is decorated, but that's it, and all the other decor is still in boxes sitting around the living room. One thing at a time, and I'm sure it will all get done. Having to go to work sure puts a crimp in my plans, though.

I hope you are all having a peaceful weekend!
    Jeanne

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    started a topic Good Sunday Morning

Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning Everyone!

Just a quick start of the day. Nothing much has happened here since yesterday.

I stripped the bed, did laundry and put my Christmas quilt on. lol, I had to look up the pictures to make sure I had it on the right way. It's made, that's the main thing. It was too hot for the quilt last night! We hit highs in the 80s yesterday. My solar panels were humming!

Mike and I stopped at Burger King for a quick dinner, walked in and noticed a funny smell and went out. I couldn't put my finger on it. To me it kind of smelled like cleaner, but Mike said it smelled like burnt bacon. Maybe it was a combination of the two. We didn't stay anyway, it was giving Mike a head ache. We went across the street and picked up a burger from Hardees.

The boys have decided to move the cabinets either today or tomorrow. Either way, I can start putting my house back together! Then I'll start worrying about finding the wrapping paper and wrapping all the stuff in my closet. It will be nice to have that space back, too!

Coffee is ready and I'm not, time to get busy. Have a wonderful and creative day!
Working...
X