Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Melatonin?

Originally posted by JCY View Post
    Lorie ~ I bought a new mattress a few weeks ago. The other one was soooo old, it should have been replaced a long time ago. I normally don't have sleeping problems, but this new mattress is great & so comfy.

Would a sound spa (white noise machine) help? I've used one for years. It helps block out sounds from outside. I also wear ear plugs.

Essentials oils wouldn't work for me; I'm sensitive to fragrances.
    Me too. My dd and I had to walk out of a cute East Indian shop because the incense could knock you over. Mattress'es go on sale in May and the Holidays. I think that is the real culprit, so Merry Christmas to me !

Originally posted by KarenC View Post
    Interesting info here. I rarely sleep well, but occasionally when I really can't sleep I take an Advil and it helps.
    My doc won't let me take Advil and Tylenol ect. Someone said melatonin might have those in it? She probably wouldn't let me take it then.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post

Essentials oils wouldn't work for me; I'm sensitive to fragrances.
      When my sister and I went to the Sisters Quilt Show a few years ago, she brought her diffuser and ran it that night. I woke in the middle of the night with the worse bloody nose I think I've ever had. Clearly there is something in whatever she used that I am allergic to! Her and her daughter swear by it.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

No indoor pets here to be effected by the oils, but thanks for the warning. Of course, if you are sensitive to fragrances and scents the essential oils might not be an option for you. They do take a little time to find what works for you. Of course, avoid oils if you are having allergic reactions and or bloody noses! Sorry that happened to you. I was just offering an option that has worked wonders for me.

Comment

Essential oils are very concentrated, so are generally diluted down to 1% or so. The remaining 99% is a neutral oil (like jojoba oil) used to "carry" the essential oil. The reactions to essential oils are usually due to the carrier oils used. Trying a different supplier may help, as they may use a different carrier oil. I have seen people have asthma-type reactions when lavender oil was used in a humidifier, but I have also known many people who have benefitted from it. Even one drop rubbed onto your upper lip can be beneficial, if you don't find the scent to be overwhelming.

Comment

One more note about melatonin:It has been known to cause depression in some people. I've seen it happen to a family member.
            Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

My doctor prescribed Trazodone for my problems sleeping. It's original use was for depression. My SIL also takes it for help sleeping. Trazodone has been around for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                When my sister and I went to the Sisters Quilt Show a few years ago, she brought her diffuser and ran it that night. I woke in the middle of the night with the worse bloody nose I think I've ever had. Clearly there is something in whatever she used that I am allergic to! Her and her daughter swear by it.
                I hadn't heard the essential oils could cause nosebleeds??? I had a terrible case of nosebleeds last March afterward I started using a vaporizer with no scents added. I had never used essential oils for use in candles but I had just started doing that before the nosebleeds. Could the essential oils that way have caused it??? I was thinking maybe the new heating system had caused it but haven't thought of that.
                https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                Women are Angels.
                When someone
                break's our wings
                we will continue to
                fly...usually on a
                broomstick.
                We're flexible like that.
                - embroitique

Comment

I use a generic brand melatonin once or twice a week. No problems,
                  works well.

Comment

Originally posted by showray
                    avoid taking it. it's a poison
                    I don't know if I should be honored or scared that you used your first post to warn me. lol

I never ended up getting any. I just had hand surgery and I'm loopy enough on Percocet right now.

Welcome to the forum
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by showray
                      avoid taking it. it's a poison
                      If that is true, why do our bodies manufacture it?
                      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                        Almost without fail whenever I go to central Oregon I get nosebleeds. With mine I think it is just the dry climate.

Comment

Working...
                        X