My nightmare/ DH Pipedream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My nightmare/ DH Pipedream

Oh Terry, I have been thinking about you recently with Dorian battering the coast and wondering if there were any second thoughts happening. (I know they were first thoughts for you). Great idea to go see the reality part and not just the dream part. If this really is supposed to be something to make your life easier if something happens to your husband, then he had to see that with all those things that needed to be done, and then undone, this is not the place. I hope the two of you can sit down and really figure this out. ((((Hugs)))) to you as you get this sorted out.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Terry, reading all of this this morning and hoping that DH will realize that this would not be a good move for either of you. I can't imagine having to do all that prep to save my home and property. I'm 74 and that would definitely be a hardship on me and Fred. Prayers that you and DH can come to the same decision and stay where you are for now. If you found that home, you will find another some time in the future.
      A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

We canceled the contract and the loan process this morning. Talked to the inspector and he said everything could be fixed but it was a matter of a financial decision. He said if they would knock off $$ for repair so we could have it done right it would work. He suggested we look at it like, if the house is worth $200 K and it needs $50K in update would you do it? DH said exactly!! I told him new construction makes more sense than sitting thru getting a new roof and windows even if the $$ would work out and we wouldn't be living in a house that is 25 yrs old that is constantly needing repair. I also pointed out that for the cost of the home and remodeling we could nice place, ocean front...hire a charter boat and spend a cou[ple of weeks a year on the water for the next 20 yrs. Boats are expensive to maintain too!!. He seems to understand.
        He is outside building a deer feeder and getting his bow ready to hunt tonight. I think he understands that the move would be a year of intensive home projects and he would miss out on the hunt season in the heighth of his last few years of physical ability to bow hunt. He even admitted that his eyesight isn't what it used to be.
        Eventhough we are probably amongst the healthiest of people in our 70's, we see deteriorization to our physical abilities weekly. These are the things that maybe women are more atune to than men. I've been preparing for this part of our lives mentally for the past few years. I think perhaps he is a little bit in denial about this aging process.
        Anyway, you all have been great in listening to my roller coaster of a life. I think we might settle in now. Sammy has been gone for two months now and I don't cry everytime I think of her. Still get a little lump in my throat I have to swallow back and perhaps being away from home has been a real blessing so that I could get on with my being here.
        Love you all.

Comment

Blessings to you Terry.
          Kathy

Comment

Terry, I am so glad you are feeling better about Sammy. My sweet little Maggie has been gone 3 months & I still have the familiar lump in my throat as well. I am also glad you & DH are able to back out of the "new house" deal. I was thinking it was too soon to make such a big move so soon after Sammy's passing. And just for the record, we will always be here for you cos we love you too!!!

Hugs, Gina

Comment

Oh good! So glad to hear you're staying put. As to DH's eyesight, when is the last time he had a vision exam? Maybe he needs glasses, or if he already wears glasses, maybe a prescription change. Or...does he have developing cataracts? So far, DH & I have delayed any cataract surgeries. His eyes technically are "ripe" enough for surgery, but the dr. made a minor adjustment in his correction, so he still sees to read just fine. He needs extra light. The only thing I've noticed with my eyes is at night time, the street lamps & car headlights have a slight yellow cast to them. My vision is fine.

I hope your hubby enjoys hunting season. Is the wood all chopped for winter heating? We used a wood stove for many years to heat our house. It's a warm cozy heat. I'm sure there always will be a soft spot in your heart for Sammy. Cherish the memories.

Comment

Glad the rollercoaster has stopped for you.

Comment

Heavens to Betsy decision made at last. Hallelujah!

Comment

Thank goodness for all of your experience with real estate; that expertise is really an asset when considering this type of things, no matter what you decide. Hate to be a downer, but is Earl ok? you haven't mentioned him at all, so I'm worrying about him! As you can plainly see, lots of your quilting friends worrying about you. Sharon

Comment

I'm glad things are settling down for you. I think renting a vacation home for a few weeks a year is a much better idea.
                      *~* Myrna *~*
                      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Glad that the decision has been made. I bet you feel a great weight has been lifted. The right home will come at the right time.
                        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                        Aesop

Comment

You were SO smart going and looking at what happens when there is a storm. Here's hoping you get to stay in your mountain home.

Comment

No, Earl disappeared in May. Either a bobcat or coyote got him . Sammy and I grieved hard for him for a long time. We miss him dearly. DH and I have decided that these were our last children and we can't handle the losses any longer. I feel lonely as its the first time inmy lifetime without a critter tocare for.
                            Originally posted by oldsewer View Post
                            Thank goodness for all of your experience with real estate; that expertise is really an asset when considering this type of things, no matter what you decide. Hate to be a downer, but is Earl ok? you haven't mentioned him at all, so I'm worrying about him! As you can plainly see, lots of your quilting friends worrying about you. Sharon

Comment

Working...
                            X