• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Happy Friday!!

Another beautiful start to the day, sunshine. It is going to be a beautiful weekend as well BUT the black flies could carry you away. They are really bad right now.

This working is cutting into my sewing time, I tell you. I work until 2 today but laundry will need to get done. I doubt any sewing will get done either.

I also work tomorrow until noon. I will be glad when this work week is over.

Have a great day and weekend everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Re: Happy Friday!!

Last edited by Star lover; March 12, 2022, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      Missouri Star
      • Aug 2015

Good morning all,
      Another sunny day - day 2 , its a streak. I'm up early, leaving soon. I'm babysitting my DD's oldest. He has a PD day and an eye appt. I'm not sure what we will do, I will see as the day goes and how tired I get. Maybe we can go visit my mom.

Yesterday I did yardwork in another flower bed, trimmed back the yucca plants, planted herbs, set up the ceiling curtains on the pergola, set up canopy over eating area. This part is getting harder every year. I used to be able to do it myself, now, I need help. We had a bugger of a time getting the fabric to fit over the frame. We got a new rain liner and fabric part last year. I think it's a bit smaller, so we need to really stretch it. I'm surprised we have any fingers left. But oh, this makes it official, it's summertime.

Monique, hate black flies. Thank God we don't have any here. But mosquitoes, now that's another story.

Enjoy your day.
      Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• KPH
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

Yesterday was busy, PT then Orth. I've been released to start building up to normal...what ever normal is! I still have another month of PT but I probably won't need all of that. She did add weights to my exercises yesterday. Luckily, I have 3 lb weights already.

After my Dr appointment we went to dinner. I even popped for dessert.

Jim is coming to have the oil changed, lol, I hope he makes it before the rain comes. The low oil warning came on last night when he was driving home from church.
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ What a productive day I had yest. with the FMQ! I'm really focused, since the baby shower deadline is only 2 wks. away. I put in 3 separate sessions of quilting. I finished the FMQ on the body of the quilt. Now to do the border. I have another quilt to make. I cut out the border strips for the next panel quilt which is a Dr. Seuss ABC panel. I have matching yardage for a wide border. I decided on orange for the inner border. It's bright & matches some of the orange in the panel. The backing will be a fossil fern.

Yest. we had a sunny day & 92 deg. It got warm enough in the house in the afternoon to use the swamp cooler. It's supposed to be even warmer today.

Today I plan to finish FMQ the border on this quilt, get it trimmed, & sew on the binding. If there's time, I'll start on the next quilt.

Comment

• Rhonda K
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2017

Good morning!

Nice to start my day with all of you and a cup of coffee. Fridays starts my weekends and there should be plenty of time to finish a couple of projects. A little animals quilt needs binding. It was a fun class project and quilted in the hoop on the EMB machine. There should be time to work on the beach chair wall hanging. I'm playing with some machine techniques and making progress.

Happy Friday!
            Just one more stitch...

Comment

• baslp
              The Guild President
              • Sep 2012

Good morning. It is partly cloudy here and we should reach 82 degrees. I just got back from the gym. I have a neck massage later today. I need to cont. cutting strips for my new quilt. We have black flies at our place in S. Dakota.i spend a lot of time chasing them w a newspaper. I am not sure if we will make it back there this summer.
              Have a great day.
              Beth

Comment

Working...
              X