Friday Trivia: Popsicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Trivia: Popsicles

Frank Epperson from northern California was only 11 years old when he invented the Popsicle.

It happened on an especially cold night in 1905, when he left a glass of soda-water powder in water with a stirring stick outdoors overnight. In the morning, the soda mixture was frozen solid to the stick, and the Popsicle was born.

Company lore says the twin Popsicle came along during the Great Depression to allow two kids to share a pop for only a nickel.

💫 Star lover

Re: Friday Trivia: Popsicles

I used to love those double Popsciles, especially during the summer when my next door my girlfriend would get one after dinner and she would break one off for me. Thanks Frankie.

Comment

I always loved the root beer popsicles, oh and the banana ones too! Seems they were the rarest in the bag!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Me, I loved the orange, and lime and rootbeer. Never liked the red flavors...grape was okay and I hated the blue ones because they made my tongue blue.
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
          Me, I loved the orange, and lime and rootbeer. Never liked the red flavors...grape was okay and I hated the blue ones because they made my tongue blue.
          In the summer, we usually have otter pops in the freezer at the lake for kids....except they never get the blue ones!! Those are for Bunga and MM!!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Banana was the best!

Originally posted by bubba View Post
            I always loved the root beer popsicles, oh and the banana ones too! Seems they were the rarest in the bag!
            Pam

Comment

Hubby loves Banana ones too. Here we can buy just a box full of banana.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
              X