UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE

Just got home. The news is good. The cancer is very small so I will only need a lumpectomy, done with only a local anesthetic and I will come home the same day. But no chemotherapy will be needed. Since I'm 74 it'll be totally up to me whether or not to have the radiation treatment. My DIL was with us and she is researching the different radiation options and the pros and cons of each. Will make that decision after surgery.

As so many of you suggested I did go armed with my notebook and question list. And I did ask all my questions, but God Bless my DIL - she took all the notes and had a barrel of questions of her own. She just texted me her notes and OMG it's almost like she taped the whole conversation - LOL. Doesn't heart to have a Cancer Research Scientist in your corner!!!!

Now it's just a matter of getting a date for the surgery.

I can't thank everyone enough for all the wonderful support you have given me. I have read and re-read all your posts and it has brought me great comfort.

Re: UPDATE

That is GREAT news!

Comment

Oh Carol, praise the Lord. I’m soooo thankful as I’m sure you are too! Nope, doesn’t hurt to have a helper along. Keep us posted!
      💫 Star lover

Comment

That's good to hear. My sister-in-law had the lumpectomy and chose a course of radiation.
        Your DIL sounds like an awesome person. Not a lot of people would do what she is doing.

Comment

I was afraid to open this post in case the news was not good. I am so happy for you! This sounds like an early detection totally manageable diagnosis. Thinking positive thoughts all the way. Thank you for keeping us up to date.

Comment

Carol ~ Such good news! Thanks for the update.

Comment

That's great news! Keeping you and yours in my prayers!
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Great news.

Comment

Such a blessing to hear great news! I will continue prayers.
                  Karen
                  Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

That's good news Carol. My continued prayers.

Comment

What wonderful news! And your DIL is a gem.

Comment

Carol, I am so glad to see your post. Have been thinking about you and praying. You are blessed, I am thankful that you are happier and more relieved tonight.
                        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

That is such great news, I'm so pleased to hear it.

Comment

That is wonderful news, Carol! So happy to hear your update and that you have your own personal research team.
                            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

What a great news, thanks for the update, I keep you in my prayers

Comment

Working...
                              X