Update on my father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on my father

Don't have the time yet but they are trying to schedule surgery ASAP tomorrow (Tue). Amputation involved and won't know extent until they start the procedure. He was in tears and told me to leave that he wanted to be alone. So hard to walk out that room tonight. And on way home in the car a song from my late husbands (he passed in 2001) funeral came on... oh my I lost it! I thought I had passed that "strength test" from God in 2001, I lost hubby and mother one week apart that year. I am hoping it was just Gods way of letting me know that late hubby was in my court and watching over me. I am holding onto that thought and going to try and get some sleep.
    Last edited by Mimi_Howard; January 7th, 2019, 07:59 PM.

Re: Update on my father

Sending ((((hugs)))))) and keeping you and your father in my prayers.

Beth
    Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

Stay strong! Prayers for your dad and that he sails through surgery and heals quickly. I know how music can trigger emotions when we least expect it.

Comment

Sorry to hear you are going through this. Please know that there are may of us here that are supporting you with our thoughts and prayers. Wish I were closer ... but I can only send you a virtual hug. Prayers for successful surgery.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about what you're gong through. Praying for your father.
          Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Thoughts and prayers added for you both. Sending you some hugs too.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Lifting prayers for you and your father. Prayers for the surgical team for guidance and wisdom. And prayers for a speedy recovery and rehab time for your father.
              Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
              ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Lifting prayers for you and your dad. May He give you both the strength you need to go through this and may the surgery go well with speedy recovery.

Comment

I'm so sorry that your father and you are going through this hard time. My prayers and positive thoughts are with you both.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Oh how hard for you and your father. Prayers for both of you.
                    I am Sew Blessed!
                    Alina

Comment

Praying and sending many good thoughts your way.

Comment

Prayers and hugs......for strength and comfort. You'll both be in my thoughts and prayers throughout the day.
                        💫 Star lover

Comment

I am so sorry that you and your father are facing challenges. It's never easy as our parents and our loved ones age. I am certain that he is very happy that you are there with him even if, at times, he needs some solitary moments. He will have to adjust to his new reality.

Sending you virtual hugs and positive thoughts that the surgery will go well, and recovery will go well. Take some time for yourself. Even if it's enjoying a nice cup of tea, or a glass of wine.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Oh my you have had your share. Recently loosing my Jim I don't know how you handled your sorrow in 2001. You've made me realize I need to stop moping around. Praying to St. Anthony for you and your father.

Comment

Praying for you and your family - wish I could help you in any way. We're all here with you

Comment

Working...
                              X