RANT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RANT

Talked DH into taking me to JaAnn's this morning, got there about 100. All I needed/wanted was quilt basting spray, shelf was empty so we asked a clerk who said if the shelf was empty they did not have any. Went straight home and ordered some on-line free shipping to store. At about 12:30 I got the e-mail my order was ready for pick-up. I called the store to make sure it was indeed ready for pick-up and they said yes, the gal I talked to just got it ready for me. Why they could not be bothered to go in the back to look while we were there I am not sure, I guess it is much better to inconvenience the customer than to make the sales people actually do their job.

Beth
    Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Re: RANT

Don't get me started on my last trip to Joanne's! Waited on the cutting line finally got everything cut go to the check out line and there is only one check out line open. Cashier is an elderly woman ( as am I) who has a customer looking through a large envelope for her coupons, 5-6 minutes pass and she finally finds them. Next lady in line says to cashier while lady is looking for coupons is there another cashier that can open a register as line to checkout is now quite long. Her response is no. Lady in front of me finally gets to register after loudly complaining and dumps approx. 200 ( I kid you not) embroidery floss skeins on the counter that have to be rung up one at a time. Cashier starts to sort them by color, customer says I don't need them sorted but thank you. Cashier sloooowly starts to ring them up after another 15 minutes on line I can no longer stand with a knee injury so leave everything there and walk out. There was a manager in the store who should have opened up a register and checked out customers when she saw how long the line was.
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Yeah, that would upset me too...

Comment

Very poor customer service!!!!! Perhaps why having served the public for more than 20 yrs. of my life,,, i am now committed to shopping on line and staying out of the stores... i have trouble containing my temper with "bad service"....LOL
        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

It seems every store has that answer, that if it's not there we don't have any. As to the sorting of different colors at the register... I worked as a cashier at a Moskatels when I was a teen. The registers we had you had to press in one at a time. Wedding stuff was the worst. Anyway, the reason it's sorted is for inventory, skew numbers, not because she was being nice.. The problem I see here is not enough staff. It's super hard to be a cashier and people treat you like crap. I was never really treated like that, but in supermarkets I try to be really patient. Eat a piece of candy in line
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

My last trip to JoAnns I see one checkout open and 3 ppl in line. Great I thought , how long can this take? Well the customer in front of me had about $200 worth of stuff and all these coupons on her phone, some of which were no good. Then she gives the clerk a card, I think it was a tax exempt kind of thing. Clerk scans card, oh it expired last night at midnight. The customer just blew up at her, called the store manager over and everything, she was begging for the discount but they would not give it to her. So she says forget it I am not buying anything, so now they have to call the manager over a second time to void the sale. I don't even know why I put up with waiting since all I was getting was a pack of needles! That customer took up a good 20-25 mins and by then the line was really long and no, they didn't open another register even though there were other clerks in the store stocking xmas merchandise.
            Last edited by jjkaiser; November 23rd, 2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

I wonder if something is up with Joann as a company. For about the last 6 months I've noticed their shelves are frequently empty... whole sections where their seasonal items should be will go bare for days. The thread won't be restocked for weeks on end and a couple of weeks ago they were out of ModPodge. Maybe the company is not doing well and have decided to cut back on staffing.
              Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I, too, am not a fan of Joanns. Each time they lure me in with a coupon I find that what ever I want, it is on sale and my coupon is not good. Since it is 70 miles one way for me, I just ignor their coupons and would have to be desperate to go there.

Comment

And then....we went to pick up my on-line order-10 cans of quilt basting spray, which I did get a confirmation e-mail for this order. They only had 8 cans in the bag, I asked about the other 2. They say they did not have 10 cans in stock, they did not like it when I said that they must have had them when I got the confirmation, even showed them the e-mail. Tried to tell me that the web site only updates quantities on hand at midnight each day. I know this is not true. I'll just have to find this at another location, I am done with them.

Beth
                  Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

I catch things ringing up wrong every time I go.

Comment

Originally posted by chelea View Post
                      I wonder if something is up with Joann as a company. For about the last 6 months I've noticed their shelves are frequently empty... whole sections where their seasonal items should be will go bare for days. The thread won't be restocked for weeks on end and a couple of weeks ago they were out of ModPodge. Maybe the company is not doing well and have decided to cut back on staffing.
                      Sounds a great deal like our local Wal-mart
                      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Gosh, what a stash enrichment xperience you did not have,
                        would leave a review on their website, explaining the whole incident.
                        perhaps the owners may implement some changes.

Comment

Joann's is living in the stone age as far as inventory control and pricing goes. I know 8th graders who can probably design better programs than they have. Mis-pricing is common and almost always in their favor.

I was looking for a particular rolling tote. Said there were 3 in stock at the store nearest me (60 miles) ... drove there and nope, they had none (even checked the back room.) Contacted their CS who emailed a list. There were 37 available across 12 stores east of the Mississippi. Called all of them and none had any in stock. I could see if one or two didn't have a tag and got posted as a different skew - but not 37! So either they don't have a real-time store inventory update or the employees/managers don't take an accurate inventory. Whatever the reason I only go if I'm going to be in their immediate area. I miss Hancock's. Without that competition there's no incentive to be better.

Comment

Many of you are correct.....JoAnn Fabrics is sub-standard when it comes to facilitating the quilters in the communities.

I have worked for a small town JoAnn's for 4 months. In that time, management changed (I was hired by the assistant manager in the summer 2018) and the experience been most disappointing. I do not agree with the company "business politics" and protocols. The area I live and work in has the competition of Hobby Lobby and Michaels. Since there isn't a local quilt shop nearby, JoAnns is the only option...how sad.
                            Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry about the poor experiences at JoAnns ladies. Yes, I do work part time at JoAnns. The biggest problem is that we are told by corporate how many hours can be scheduled per day, and it's usually not enough. There is not a lot of local control at the store level, including what inventory is sent to the store, etc. And yes, we can have "bad counts" of our inventory when you order on line to pick up in the store. At our store we work really hard to give great customer service, even though it's often a challenge because we are short staffed. Many of our customers are repeat people, and we know them by name. Go online and leave a review for the store where you shopped so the "higher ups" can see what's happening.

Jeanne

Comment

Working...
                              X