RANT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RANT

Since I have no LQS here anymore, none at all in fact, I have to order online or go to shops when I am visiting the US. I usually hit up Joann's because I do NOT like Hobby Lobby and Michael's at all. The two where I stay when I visit are junky looking inside and Michael's always has a long line with one register open. The Joann's is clean and the staff is friendly. I have a list when I go in and if they have it, great. If not, so be it. The line for paying can be long but they will usually open another register.

So I guess what I am saying, I have had mostly good luck with Joann's.

Comment

Originally posted by mommadeb View Post
      Since I have no LQS here anymore, none at all in fact, I have to order online or go to shops when I am visiting the US. I usually hit up Joann's because I do NOT like Hobby Lobby and Michael's at all. The two where I stay when I visit are junky looking inside and Michael's always has a long line with one register open. The Joann's is clean and the staff is friendly. I have a list when I go in and if they have it, great. If not, so be it. The line for paying can be long but they will usually open another register.

So I guess what I am saying, I have had mostly good luck with Joann's.
      I guess it depends on who's in charge of the stores. Hobby Lobby here is really clean and is a nice place to shop with lots of open registers. Michael's is okay but not as big as Joann's or Hobby Lobby so I rarely shop there.
      Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by GrammaBabs View Post
        Very poor customer service!!!!! Perhaps why having served the public for more than 20 yrs. of my life,,, i am now committed to shopping on line and staying out of the stores... i have trouble containing my temper with "bad service"....LOL
        Gramma Babs, I'm with you. I worked from the time I was 14, always in fields where interacting with customers or patients was critical to success. All I can say in defense of store clerks today, is that I see how terrible they are treated at places like JoAnn. I stopped going there over a year ago because the local store was never stocked with the most common items for sewing, but there were shelves and shelves of craft type items that actually comprised the majority of the selling floor. The line at the cutting table was insanely long and slow. No one cared, no one tried to speed up. And yes, many customers are so entitled and rude that it gets to me. Now that I am retired and I have a peaceful home situation, I don't want to make shopping for my daily hobby activities a toxic experience. I have some other places to go besides JoAnns, so that's what I do. I'm a former J's customer and things I would have gotten "on sale" at JoAnns I buy on sale at other places, and for my beloved Art Gallery and Kaffe Fassett fabrics, I order online.

Comment

Working...
        X