Tuesday Trivia: Taco Bell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday Trivia: Taco Bell

Although its logo features a mission bell, the "Bell" part of Taco Bell's name comes from Glen Bell, the company's founder.

In the 1950s, the California businessman test-marketed crispy-shell tacos for 19 cents each at his Bell's Burgers drive-in. When customers gobbled them up, Bell knew he had a winner. He opened his first Taco Bell in Downey, California, in 1962.

Today there are about 7,000 Taco Bell locations in 25 countries worldwide — none of them in Mexico.

I can count on one hand (and have fingers left over) how many times I've eaten at Taco Bell.
    Last edited by Star lover; November 20, 2018, 04:46 AM.
    💫 Star lover

Re: Tuesday Trivia: Taco Bell

Howard's Aunt Peggy had her little thing. She was the driver for the two older sisters. They'd go out and if nobody had a suggestion on where to eat, she'd threaten to drive to the Taco Bell. They usually came up with something better to eat pretty quickly.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Yup, same here. Probably ate there twice, second time was stuck off highway with nowhere else to eat.

Fool me once, hame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Ummm...Taco bell is one of my favorite fast foods. I remember in 1966 the first taco bell came to SLC and a gf took me there. I had no idea what to order. Never heard of taco's and burritos until then.
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
          Ummm...Taco bell is one of my favorite fast foods. I remember in 1966 the first taco bell came to SLC and a gf took me there. I had no idea what to order. Never heard of taco's and burritos until then.
          I like it too. Not as good as my fave Mexican restaurant but is any fast food place restaurant quality?

Comment

Does anyone remember Del Taco? It was founded in 1964. I grew up as a teen an Southern Calif and there was every fast food place you can imagine there.
            "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Ugh, Del Taco? I quit going there way before it closed (Thank heaven!) after I got a taco with a band aid in it!!!! Took myself back to the restaurant & threw a temper tantrum. They wanted to know if I wanted something else!!!! I said "yeah, to see the board of health close you down. I'll be calling them tomorrow morning!" Don't remember when they finally did.

Sorry if I grossed anyone out. Took me a long time to consider tacos anywhere but homemade.

Gina

Comment

I used to love Taco Bell. Can't eat there anymore. But back in the day, I used to get taco supreme with fire sauce.

Comment

I don't mind Taco Bell - but boy have they gotten expensive! It used to be a pretty cheap place to eat.

My first memory of Taco Bell is when the first one opened locally. My cousin's wife, who was from a border town in Texas, was so excited. Not being too adventurous, my sister and I tried the "Bell Burger". Thank goodness that is no longer on the menu! It was extra spicy and we had never had anything like that before, so were not at all impressed.
                  Donna

Comment

I like Taco Bell, but it doesn't like my tummy

Comment

Working...
                    X