Home selling help! (long one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home selling help! (long one)

I looked at your listing. In your price point there are not that many great homes that are as nice and have great yards.
    Unless it is mandatory under NC law, like termite, forget it. Your realtor has the commission to work with for closing the deal. If she is not the broker, she will make $3K as the listing agent minimum. She represents you and should have already told the selling agent you were done when you conceded to the closing costs. Tell her to get some b***s and stand up for her client and not for her commission.

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
      I looked at your listing. In your price point there are not that many great homes that are as nice and have great yards.
      Unless it is mandatory under NC law, like termite, forget it. Your realtor has the commission to work with for closing the deal. If she is not the broker, she will make $3K as the listing agent minimum. She represents you and should have already told the selling agent you were done when you conceded to the closing costs. Tell her to get some b***s and stand up for her client and not for her commission.
      Thanks Terry, It took your straight to the point remark to get Rick to completely understand what I'd been trying to tell him. Our realtor made me so mad that I hung up on her today. When it gets to that point I get bull headed and I WILL stop being nice and get my way.
      :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

I think enough is enough. You've already spent far to much. My feeling is people like that will never stop looking for every nickle and it will probably go on to the closing and counting light bulbs if you give in anymore. It sounds like you have plenty of people who are interested. So I wouldn't worry about that. As far as your agent is concerned, some of them forget who their client is as it gets closer to the closing. She needs to be reigned in firmly.
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels.
        When someone
        break's our wings
        we will continue to
        fly...usually on a
        broomstick.
        We're flexible like that.
        - embroitique

Comment

Frankly I'm a little shocked at how much you have already spent on repairs. Remember every dollar comes out of your downpayment on your next home. The agent is _supposed_ to be working for YOU, not the buyers. The agent senses that you are very eager to sell and you have probably already made that clear to her. So she is working you. Her tone is all wrong. All wrong. Believe me when I say that the agents are probably comparing notes and they have told the buyers how eager you are to sell. Now is the time to take a deep breath and total those repairs. Remind yourself that the offer was fair to begin with. Then ask yourself if all these people are using you at this point and no one is thinking of your best interest. Practice in the mirror what you want to say to your realtor and write it out if necessary. Call her and tell her your final thoughts. "I've made X dollars in repairs and the house was in extremely good condition before I put in that money. It's all I'm willing to do. If they don't want the house let me know it when the next showing will be by Sunday." Think of the broken record technique. "no I won't do that." "No, I won't do that." etc.

Comment

We have sold three houses in the last 20 years and I have never (and never would) spent all the money you have to get the house ready to put on the market. The only things we did was if the inspection found something that needed to be fixed. We have never had buyers ask for us to do anything. When your realtor is telling you what the buyers want ask her if she is going to take less commission. Bet she will change her tune then.

Comment

Stand your ground and say NO! Your realtor is trying to work both sides of the fence and is only interested in the commission. You listed with her and she is supposed to work on your behalf, not the other way around!
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I have never sold a house so I have no advice to give. Wishing you the best of luck.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I sold mine a few years ago. Got a very strong offer and then came with a list of things they said needed fixing. I didn't agree with everything, but agreed to a dollar amount for them to fix. Later came back asking for more money to fix something else. My response to my realtor was that I was not selling a brand new house and was not hiding the fact that the home was 30 years old, so NO. Later the appraisal came in much lower than the offer, so they came back with an offer between the two. I countered and they accepted.

More than you probably want to know, but keep in mind that in the end the appraisal can change the situation. Also think about the value of the amount of stress you'really willing to deal with either with this buyer or a new one. Good luck.

Comment

Remember the buyers want to get as much as they can from you,
                    and have nothing to lose by asking.
                    I have sold 5 homes. The last sale went on forever. You only have to
                    fix severe structural or things like mold. I know it's hard not
                    to get angry, just be firm on your decision. The goal is to sell and move on. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by laura44 View Post
                      Remember the buyers want to get as much as they can from you,
                      and have nothing to lose by asking.
                      I have sold 5 homes. The last sale went on forever. You only have to
                      fix severe structural or things like mold. I know it's hard not
                      to get angry, just be firm on your decision. The goal is to sell and move on. Good luck!
                      Good advice! I had people ask me how I could not be offended by needed changes. I told them it is business. You have to take emotions out of it if you want to sell the house. Like when you prep it by repainting, removing things. You fix it for potential buyers not how you want to live. We sold our big house last year and downsized.

Comment

Hello. We have a different system for buying and selling homes in England but it's still as stressful as buyers can be really nit-picking over the smallest things. One apartment we sold, we'd completely redecorated, had a new carpet laid throughout, new kitchen (including appliances) and new fitted bedroom, all a month before putting it in the hands of a selling agent. The buyers wanted us to come down in price by £11,000. Why? They didn't like the colour of one wall in the sitting room. What they really meant was that they didn't have enough to buy at the asking price. So I said no. My husband wasn't happy but a lovely couple offered us the asking price just a week later which we accepted.

Your house is beautiful and, I have to say, in England that beautiful location would be snapped up in a heartbeat. Your potential buyers clearly can't recognise a stunning house and lack the imagination to see themselves sitting on your veranda soaking in that view. If you have others who are on your list then let these buyers know it and that you will not do another thing to the house; my goodness, you've spent more than enough already. Stick to your principles. If it's YOUR agent who's asking for the new upgrades then he/she should be ashamed and reminded just exactly who he/she's the Agent for. You. NOT the buyer.

I wish you all the very best - and hope you find a house just as perfect.

Kind regards,

Nancy.
                        Last edited by NancyR; November 12th, 2018, 06:47 AM.
                        Life isn't measured by the breaths that you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I would absolutely say NO to any repairs unless the inspections shows a safety hazard especially since they are asking for $3,000 assist with closing costs! It sounds like you have plenty of others interested in your home so you can afford to be selective with who you choose to do negotiating with. As far as your realtor goes, YOU ARE THE BOSS! She works for you and if you do not like what she is proposing you say so. I know this is stressful, been there a couple times myself. Good luck and prayers for a smooth transaction with whatever you decide.
                          Tracie

Comment

Your home is lovely! If there isn't a specific reason for a location change I say....just stay put! I would absolutely love to have your beautiful yard and all those trees are a welcome sight. Your property looks to be very private which is a must these days! Good Luck!

Comment

Your home is beautiful! My personal opinion is that you gave them 3K in closing and unless there is something major like mold or structure showing from the inspection, then they can take that and make the changes to their taste. Good luck !

Comment

Just popping in to let you know I'm still thinking about you in this stressful time. I hope things are going well for you and your sale is moving forward.
                                Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                                ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                                X