Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday Trivia: Ivory Soap

Ivory bar soap floating was a mistake.

One day after the soap when into production, a factory worker (who remains anonymous) forgot to switch off the master mixing machine when he went to lunch and too much air was whipped into a batch of soap.

Consumers, delighted by the floating soap, demanded more, and from then on, Procter and Gamble gave all white soap an extra-long whipping.

💫 Star lover

Re: Wednesday Trivia: Ivory Soap

Well who knew!!!!! Actually I think I did hear that somewhere along the line. Once again Anita....thanks for these great tidbits.....you always seem to bring a smile to my face with them. Have a great day girlfriend!!!!'

Comment

Originally posted by Carol336 View Post
      Well who knew!!!!! Actually I think I did hear that somewhere along the line. Once again Anita....thanks for these great tidbits.....you always seem to bring a smile to my face with them. Have a great day girlfriend!!!!'
      I quite agree with Carol. Thank you.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Brings back a lot of sweet memories.
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I don't know how I have been missing reading these trivia posts before this, but after reading this one I started going back and reading the others. (I will eventually read them all - lol) I love these! Thanks so much for posting them Anita!
          Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Does this explain how 'inflation' got started?
            TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Thanks Anita., today's tidbit brought back memories of my childhood Saturday night baths when I would watch the soap float in the bathtub. Ivory soap had a much nicer scent than that Lifebouy soap we had to use when we were very dirty.

Comment

Thanks, Anita. We had lots of Ivory soap in our home when I was a kid.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

My grandparents were from South Dakota and had a different type water than we have in Washington. In South Dakota, Ivory soap did not float. My grandpa was always amazed when they would come visit and he would see that. I still remember that first time it happened, him in the tub screaming for my grandma because he thought something had gone awry!
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Ivory makes me sneeze!
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I washed a poly shirt of my husbands and put a dryer sheet in with it to dry. it got spots!! to the rescue Ivory Soap. i rubbed it in and washed it a second time. like new!! also got hair oil out of a used to be white pillow case long ago. it turned white again. Yea Ivory Soap.

Comment

Remember Ivory flakes and Ivory snow? Do they even make snow laundry detergent anymore?
                        Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

My grocery store had Ivory Snow liquid detergent.. I think they got rid of it and started stocking Persil instead. But ivory baby is still there.

Comment

Gosh I don't know where you come up with these trivia facts but they are all so fascinating, so thank you for taking the time. I love the smell of Ivory Soap.

Comment

I've used Ivory bar soap for probably 50 yrs. or more. My mom used it. I always liked it b/c it was fragrance free. Not any more! Over the years, they've kept adding a little more fragrance until now I can hardly tolerate the smell of it. We still use it b/c it doesn't irritate my hands. Most liquid hand soaps bother my hands. In the kitchen, I use Palmolive dish soap.

Comment

Working...
                              X