Prayers please for Rylie....and us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers please for Rylie....and us

Hi friends. We went to our hospital appointments last Monday in preparation for Rylie's scoliosis surgery on Nov 19th. It's getting closer and the nerves are starting already. Of course DH and I don't let on how anxious we are but it's always in my mind. Please keep Rylie and us in your prayers, if you will. It's going to be a long couple weeks and I'm sure an eternity the day of surgery. Rylie seems to take it all in stride at this point. I know kids are pretty resilient and sometimes she seems so wise for only being 10 years old. Ok, thanks for listening.
    Tracie

Re: Prayers please for Rylie....and us

Lifting prayers now and will continue.

You're right, kids are a lot more resilient than we are. Of course, our minds have to run through all the possibilities and the more we dwell, the more we can find the negative.

Why not start a list of all of the positive possibilities and when you start to worry, go look at that list!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Oh for sure we will all be thinking good thoughts for Rylie and for you. Everything will probably be fine. Have faith in the doctors, who I am sure have done this surgery so many times, and try not to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
        Lifting prayers now and will continue.

You're right, kids are a lot more resilient than we are. Of course, our minds have to run through all the possibilities and the more we dwell, the more we can find the negative.

Why not start a list of all of the positive possibilities and when you start to worry, go look at that list!
        Thanks Katrina. Yes you right about the list and I know it is what needs to be done for sure.
        Tracie

Comment

Got you covered. She'll amaze you at how resilient she is. You have a concerned team on your side! Prayers ongoing.
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

For sure praying !! And many positive thoughts.

Comment

Adding my prayers too.
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Adding prayers

Comment

Riley and the family will be in my thoughts. Kids are resilient. My girlfriend had the surgery at 60 and she is proud to say that she is part of the Twisted Sister group.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Will be praying for Rylie & for Mom & Dad as well. Take a day at a time. Take a deep breath & say "we got this". We'll be here for you all every step of the way.

Gina

Comment

Saying a prayer for Rylie and you. I ran into a friend last week whose daughter had scoliosis surgery at about Rylie's age. Before her surgery she had to wear a brace and was limited in what she was able to do. She is now in college and doing well. She was able to play sports thru highschool - she loves softball! I pray Rylie will have a successful outcome too.

Comment

Thank you so much for the support and prayers! It helps to know there are people that care.
                        Tracie

Comment

Adding mine to the long list.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Blessings on Rylie, parents, & wisdom & skill for the doctors. Thoughts & prayers going your way.

Comment

Lots of good wishes for a smooth surgery and swift recovery

Comment

Working...
                              X