• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simply Quilting
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2013

2018 MSQC Retreat Day 4

What an amazing group of quilters. There was so much fun and learning at this year's retreat. Our final full day on Wednesday held lots of great adventures. Activities for the day included a Wedge Tree Skirt Demo by Jean, Pin Peddlers arrived in the afternoon, and a fabulous show and tell. Marilyn showed some of the quilt and pillowcase donations for the Children's Hospital and shared the story of her grandson, Gabe, which is why she is so passionate about children's hospital quilts and pillowcases. For more information, please join the MSQC group, PICU Quilts in Honor of Gabe https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=144

Our 2018 retreat quilt project top was completed and will be finished and dropped off this year at the women's shelter.

The day was topped off with a raffle of a beautiful trio set (backpack, wallet and water bottle) and a gorgeous quilt (Jean made all of them) to raised money for the Hamilton Food Panty.

hospital charity quilts.jpg

Marilyn charity quilts.jpg

2018 charity quilt.jpg 2018 charity quilt

Betty quilt.jpg

Gloria quilt.jpg

Peggy Anne quilt.jpg

raffle winners.jpg Raffle Winners Grand Prize - Amanda, 2nd winner for quilt was Judy

Karen quilt.jpg
    Attached Files
  • Judy, USMC
    Missouri Star
    • May 2013

Re: 2018 MSQC Retreat Day 4

Everyone I talked to (and there were several) really enjoyed this year. Hope to have the same experience when I return and join the crew next year. So many optional activities plus the opportunity to choose where you wanted to eat for some meals. Oh, and can't forget to mention the shopping - getting the Daily Deals with no shipping. Bet it was nice to have all that time to really get projects done. And I miss the inspirational daily Show and Tell ... always some great ideas for patterns or color combos. Hope everyone arrives home safely!

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2012

It was a great retreat! Very well planned by Charyti! I loved having room to work! Got to really chat and get to know more participants much better this year! Lots of beautiful work accomplished by participants! GreAt experience!

Comment

• auntiemern
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2012

It truly was a GREAT retreat. It was a phenomenal group of ladies. We did however miss the 3 that had to cancel at the last minute, due to unforeseen circumstances.
        Many of the ladies got a lot done, and some of us not so much. I can honestly say that we are all looking forward to next year already. It was a blast.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

• Connie Jo
          Batting Beauty
          • Mar 2014

Definitely feel the same. I got to know my friends so much better. It is definitely a great group and a great size. I wish we could get together more. Lol. I learned so much. I can’t wait for the next one.

Comment

• azmotogirl
            Batting Beauty
            • Oct 2017

I agree...... great retreat!! I finally got home early this afternoon and need a good long nap after 11 hrs of driving today!!

Comment

• BethB
              The Guild President
              • Oct 2014

Looks like a great time!!! Love seeing the pictures. I am sad that I wasn't able to make it this year, but I am hoping to get back next year. I am so happy, though, that you all seemed to have fun and enjoy the retreat this year. Here's hoping you'll see my next year!!!

Nancy

Comment

• Connie Jo
                Batting Beauty
                • Mar 2014

Oh, I hope so Nancy. I’ve missed you.

Comment

Working...
                X