Advice Needed: Buying a new Washer and Dryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice Needed: Buying a new Washer and Dryer

I have a Whirlpool HE top load that I don't much like. I have gotten around the low water/not clean problem by using the bulky load cycle and the fabric softener button. By doing that enough water gets in the machine and our clothes seem to get clean.

Comment

In 2014 we got LG washer and dryer. It is my first front loading machine and I love it. It is a water saving model so has a water sensor which I use most of the time but also has the option of adding more water if you want to. I do this if I have a particularly dirty load. It spins the clothes so well that my dry time is significantly less. They are very energy efficient and very quiet. Being quiet was very important. Our laundry is on the main floor and my husband has a home based business with a basement office so this pair really helps with the noise

Comment

After my top loading washer with an agitater tore up my son's quilt, talked DH into buying new front loader/dryer. It's made by Samsun and I love it. We have had it for about 6 months. It does save on water and the washer takes twice as long as the dryer. But I love the feature on the dryer that keeps tumbling after it's done if you select wrinkle prevent. We were told to leave the door open on the washer and the compartment for the soap/bleach for a couple of days. Always left the lid up on the top loader we used to have and never had a problem with mold or a bad smell. Do the same with the dishwasher. Our dishwasher gave up the ghost last year, it was a Kitchenaide and had lasted 19 years. Replaced it with an LG and within a few days went back and told them I could not stand it. The bottom rack when you pulled it out came off the track 3 out of 4 times. It also did not dry the dishes. Got full money back and got a Kitchenaide again. Works great.

Neat thing about the new dryer is that I can put wide backs in there and select steam and it will take the wrinkles out.
        Vonnie

Comment

Working...
        X