Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I wasn't planning on mopping the bathroom floor tonight

But fate had other plans...

Apparently the sink drain stopper was almost completly closed and I had a senior moment and didn't turn the water off completely after washing my hands. 45 minutes later I walk past the bathroom and hear water running, step in to a very large puddle.
    Two soaking wet bath rugs and four towels later, the floor is dry and oh so clean.

Re: Well I wasn't planning on mopping the bathroom floor tonight

Aw, man, not a fun way to spend the evening! I feel for you!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

At least it didn't soak through the floor and into the level below. And at least it was clean water!

Comment

Your heart must have skipped a beat or two. It sounds like it was contained without damage...at least I hope so.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

It could have been worse. But your floor is clean now.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Yeah for sparkling clean floors! Glad you found it when you did and no major damage was incurred.
            Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

That is the weirdest feeling when you leave the water running and forget about it. It happened to me in the restaurant last year and I overflowed a big deepsink. So far, at home, I've come into the room in time to find I left the water on, but those senior moments are weird.
              Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
              Terry

Comment

Now that the floor is sparkling clean it sounds like you should reward yourself with a sew day!
                "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I feel your frustration. I never had a bad water incident, but one time I was taking milk out of the fridge, I dropped it and somehow the cap came off. They say don't cry over spilt milk. Yea right.
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

I recently flushed the toilet in one of the bathrooms, clean mind you, just low on water coz of the heat and walked out.. Walked back by the open door and noticed the floor was shinning something fierce.. yep tank emptied onto the floor. Emailed son and said add it to your "mama do list". They don't make the innerds to toilets like they used too. So much plastic and cheap rubber seals and add "hard water" on top and the rest is history.

Comment

Bummer - but at least the floors are clean...……..and the bath rugs and towels too!

Comment

When my daughter was a baby I put a pot of water on to boil and fell asleep... woke up to a very burnt pot and no water left in it. I was very lucky that day, but I’ll never forget it. That was a mom of newborn moment... seniors aren’t the only ones who are easily distracted!

Comment

I am glad that your water stayed near the sink. I remember hearing water running downstairs hours after going to bed. By the time the night was over, our kitchen AND our basement needed mopping.

Comment

Working...
                          X