Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overnight Guest

Oh Robin, I am so happy for you!!

He is so sweet, what a beautiful baby boy, you rock grandma!!
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Comment

Spoiled by rocking? The other day when I was buying my car for some reason brothers and sisters came up and I mentioned I was an only child and he said so you were spoiled. Excuse me?! Why do people always say that geesh.

Anyway, what a cutie!
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

The same thing happened to me when my youngest granddaughter was born. I went to California to help DD. The night before I left I heard GD crying and went downstairs to help. DD was rocking her and crying because she was so tired! I took over to give her a good night's sleep, and slept all the way home on the plane. That was 34 years ago. Time flies.

Comment

So glad things are different this time around. Enjoy all the baby moments you can get
          Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Your grandson is beautiful! What a joy!

When my kids were babies I rocked them a lot -- but only when they were awake. I never rocked them to sleep though, b/c I didn't want to "spoil" them such that the only way to get them to go to sleep was to rock them to sleep. That is probably, ultimately, your son/DIL's concern. My babies were always awake but ready to sleep when I put them down in their crib. They never cried when I put them down. They just went to sleep. But I had kept my kids on a regular routine, and I think that helped.

I do think you can "spoil" babies. I once did part-time daycare for a family for a short time along with a few other kids and my own two kids. Their baby (about 4 mos old) cried whenever she wasn't being held. I mean, literally, whenever she wasn't being held. It didn't matter where you set her -- on the floor, in a baby seat near you, in a swing etc. It didn't matter if other kids were trying to entertain her. If you weren't holding her, she cried/screamed. I mentioned the problem to her mom, and she told me she held her all of the time when she was at home b/c she felt guilty working part time (20 hr/wk). Sheesh. She even held her when she cooked dinner, did laundry, etc. So this baby did not know how not to be held. It was a nightmare, b/c one can't hold one baby all the time when doing daycare. And I don't think the mother did anything to alleviate the problem at home, because it persisted until they went back to their original daycare provider -- an older neighbor who only watched her two kids. I was thrilled when they left. (I won't bore you with the spoiled behaviors of the older child -- a five year old girl who could not do ANYTHING for herself.)

Comment

Robin, Sometimes it really is worth getting up at 2:30 a m. Wonderful that you are so in love.
              LAURA P, I did the same with my nephews. No acknowledgement, no more gifts. They too had a pre warning given to their mother.

Comment

Oh but I think Babies love rocking. it's hard not to want to rock them, even in a regular chair! kids!

Comment

Robin, so happy for you. The baby is just precious. It's hard to believe my gd is almost one in just a few weeks. As her primary sitter, I have had my share of rocking her. Yes, she may be spoiled, but if I didn't do it, one of the other grands would.

Comment

So beautiful - and I can totally understand your heart bursting with joy and love. Enjoy while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Mom23 View Post
                      Good Morning,

I just had to share a picture of my 9 day old grandson, Max Francis. Our son in law had to go out of town for work so our daughter asked to spend the night with us. She woke me at 2:30 this morning and asked if I could take over. Max and I spent the rest of the morning in my rocking chair, enjoying every minute. I've already taken her to her house and I'm heading out to water aerobics.

For those of you who don't know, my son and DIL wouldn't let me even sit it a rocking chair with their babies. I had to sit in straight chairs or on the couch, lest they get spoiled by rocking. My heart is so full of joy this morning I just had to share my joy with you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]154225[/ATTACH]
                      I have 2 new grandbabies. I am so happy for you that you got to rock this one! I encouraged both the girls to get rockers and they are so glad they did but I don't think dil quite grasps the magic of just rocking them yet. LOL He is a cutie!

Comment

I am beyond excited for you. Finally a grand baby you can love the way you want to. Rock him, and hold him all you want. I am a natural rocker, so I don't even need a rocking chair. Rocked my daughter, my nieces and nephews, and my grands. Big love for you and Max.
                        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X