No announcement yet.

Want to be brave & tell us your age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Want to be brave & tell us your age?

Oh I too gained two years one time. Can't remember when. maybe my 30's or 60's. the only Birthday that bothered me was my 30th. i thought I would have been happier then. But it passed, as all years do. I am in my 70's now and just got 3/4 of my yard mowed with a push Reel mower. I got tired of waiting for my son to do it and i cannot start the big mower. went and bought the push one this morning. We have HOA people and i didn't look forward to getting a nasty letter. So I"m getting my 70's workout today!!!

Comment

56 since last april.
      Some days I feel young and some days I feel old......so same as everybody else said, age is just a number!
      It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Comment

Turned 63 in January. This was the only birthday that ever bothered me but not sure why. When people tell me I don't look my age I think that sounds so foolish. Is there some model that 63 looks like?
        I was taking to DH recently & asked what will we do when we get old. He laughed & said "we are old." I told him as long as I can sling my foot up on the porch rail & tie my own darn shoes I WAS NOT OLD!
        :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

My age has bothered me lately because I have lost all my family for different reasons pretty young. My cousins, aunts and uncles, my mom at 64 and now my dh at 65. I'm turning 61 in Sept. So I do think about more than I used too. My two grandmothers lived till their 90's. I'm trying to get rid of stress and get my butt off the couch and stop dwelling on it.
          "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

I turned 44 back in April. I hope I'm as energetic as those of you in your 70's and 80's when I'm in my 70's and 80's!
            Tracie

Comment

I turned 69 in March, just one week before my husband passed away. This has been one of the hardest years of my life and I feel every bit of those 69 years right now. My dad passed at 87, my mom at 89. Both of my grandmothers lived to 93. I am hoping to at least be like my grandmothers --- although my daughter claims I must live to 150. My kids, two boys 44 and 41, and daughter 34, have all said I need to stick around for many, many years.

Nancy

Comment

I'll be 63 next week! I've never really been bothered by my age, but physically I feel like I slammed into my 60's. I'm trying to be better about walking daily now, so I'll still be able to walk in 20 years. As for diet... well, it's not will-power that I struggle with, it's WON'T power! Thankful to have my DH of almost 39 years, our 10 children, 7 children-in-love, and 16 grands to love!

Just re-read that. Goodness, who is that old lady?!? My life sounds so much older than I feel in my head!

Comment

I'll be 54 in a couple of weeks. Age has never meant anything to me - I still have to do the math when someone asks how old I am.
                  Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Maria Sews View Post
                    I still have to do the math when someone asks how old I am.
                    That's good mental gymnastics -- unless, of course, you reach for your calculator to do the math!

Comment

Originally posted by MSN View Post
                      That's good mental gymnastics -- unless, of course, you reach for your calculator to do the math!
                      No, no calculator....
                      Maria

Comment

Just turned 61 in June.

Have NO IDEA how that happened. I was 30 just a couple of years ago....
                        Donna

Comment

This has been so much fun listening to your stories. Up until last year (the cancer year) I didn't feel old. I was able to do what I wanted & how I wanted. I LOVE working in my yard, mowing grass, using my tree limbs loppers, etc. Because of a few health issues the last couple of years this was the first summer I could do my yardwork. Sat on our lawnmower for the 1st time & cried. So I figure you are as young as you feel, so don't let grey hair make you feel old (get it colored or wear a wig) & don't let your brain say a word regarding your age).

Cos' ladies& gents, sometimes you are the bug & sometimes you are the windshield.

Age is just a number (most of the time)

You guys are the best!!!!! Love you all no matter your age!

Gina

Comment

I'm 59 going on 60 in September. I admire all the quilters who are a lot older and have the concept of working a computer. You have kept up with the changing times and era. I don't feel like I'm gonna be 60. My back reminds me everyday when it aches from standing at work too long or over doing it with the household chores, or weed wacking. Never too tired to sew a quilt block together.

Comment

Working...
                            X