No announcement yet.

Want to be brave & tell us your age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Want to be brave & tell us your age?

Well, I turned 69 in March ... I have never avoided telling my true age - but with six children (48 thru 28), 13 grandchildren (29-2) and one great-grandson (1 year on Monday) - what would be the point! I have thoroughly enjoyed my life and each phase of it. Looking forward to October when my best friend (husband) and I will celebrate our 50th anniversary ... and they said it would never last!

Comment

I turned 62 last December. I wasn't really bothered about my age until I got a job as a manager in a call centre - the management were all much younger then me who played hard - not my scene! After 8 years I left to go to my last job and never looked back, age was no big deal!!

I retired early (September last year) as DH is 5 years older and not faring well in his retirement!! It's great and funnily enough I feel fitter and healthier than when I worked!!

Comment

I'm 73 until December. I've never had a problem with age, but I must admit turning 70 kinda hit me in the gut. It just sounds so old to me, but I've gotten used to it. The funny thing is that when I tell people I'm 73 I expect them to be astonished and say something like "Get Out!!!!!!"....but since that never happens, I guess I look my age - (and probably then some) - LOL.

DH has a good way to get that response though, Whenever anyone asks him his age (he's 74) he says he's 85...and people just go on and on about how good he looks.....crazy fool!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JennQuilts View Post
          I'm 26! I started quilting a few years ago to destress from my job! I think I may one of the youngest!
          You may be the Baby of our group!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I'm 61. Never cared about the number, just how I felt. Feelin pretty good and will have to live to 500 to use up all my fabric and all the ideas rolling around in my semi grey haired head. I figure if stuffs a rollin around.....no moss!
            💫 Star lover

Comment

I'm 59 which means 60 comes next April. Turning 30 really bothered me, I had three young children and had just re-entered the work force after 6 years. It was a struggle. Not a birthday since has affected me a bit but 60 worries me a little. I really don't "feel my age", I remember what 60 looked like on my mom and my sisters (they are older - 74 and 76) and I'm much healthier and into life and they were at my age. Don't have any plans to slow down or retire - life's pretty good. My quilt stash continues to grow and will no doubt outlive me, but sewing and quilting brings me great joy and its still cheaper than others vices or therapy. Sounds like I'm in really good company here!

Comment

I'll be 69 in October and I'm looking forward to the next chapter in my life as I retire at the end of this month. I had a hard time turning 50 for some reason but after a couple of years in that decade I became more comfortable with where I was and since then, age hasn't really bothered me.
                Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I'll be 71 in December. I feel privileged to have come to this point as there are those who've never made it. I don't see myself as old but then there are days lately that my knee tells me to get in touch with reality!
                  If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I am healthy, strong and active at 60 years old and have never had a problem with my age or birthdays. Each one is a gift that not everybody gets. When someone tells me they are bothered by getting older I remind them that there is only one alternative to that, so enjoy and be thankful for every single birthday.
                    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I’m 62 and most of the time I don’t think about it. My oldest daughter turned 40 last year and it really bothered her. The only time it bothers me is when I remember my mother only lived to 73 and my husband says he won’t retire for 2 more years when he will be 68. His dad just passed away last month at 92 and his mom is still going strong at 88.
                      Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Saw this post last night and realized I had been away from the computer most of the day!

Guess I am sort of in the middle "ish"……..at 55 closing in on 56 next month.

In my mind I usually feel like I should be in my late 30's …..other days….not so much.
                        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I'm among the oldest group at 80, until October! Last year was a rough one, but DH and I came out of it feeling good and going strong. I have a new hip which helps a lot! The only thing I regret is having to give up the RV which we had enjoyed for 30 years. DH is 84, and in good health. We have 3 kids, 61, 59 and 54. 4 grands in their 30's, and just welcomed great grandchild #7. Life is good, and I give thanks for that every day. I hope to outlive my stash, but that may take at least 100 more years. Sounds like most of you are proud of your age also. My grandmother lived to 93 and one aunt 95. Noticed that I've been married longer than many of you, 62 years and soon to be 63. I found a great one and I've hung on to him!

Comment

My DS#1 will be 51 this year, #2, 49. My oldest GD will be 29 this year. Only have 2 GGKs. Hubby & I have been married 43 yrs., but it was a 2nd marr. for both of us. I've already been retired 9 yrs. Where do the years go?!!

Comment

I'm the baby of the family at 59. I think my age bothers the other 3 more than it does me. It makes them feel really old.

Funny story, I was never 31. One year my sister asked how old I was going to be on my upcoming birthday. I started to answer 33, then said wait, that's not right. I'll be 32, but I'm 32 now! I had been telling everyone I was 32 for almost a year. For some reason I skipped 31
                              K is for Karen 😊​..................
                              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                              T - is it TRUE?
                              H - is it HELPFUL?
                              I - is it INSPIRING?
                              N - is it NECESSARY?
                              K - is it KIND?

Comment

I'm 54 until next month. I feel more like I'm in my 40's though. Perhaps because my daughters are only 18, 16 and 12.
                                I am Sew Blessed!
                                Alina

Comment

Working...
                                X