No announcement yet.

Want to be brave & tell us your age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Want to be brave & tell us your age?

I didn’t have a problem turning the new century until I hit the 70’s. My mobility is declining and I just don’t feel young anymore. It is hard not to be able to keep up with friends your own age. I turned 72 in May and realized that to still be alive and be able to adapt to do things I love, like sewing and creating, I don’t have to be able to get out and run a mile. I just need to enjoy what I can do and be thankful for that.

Comment

I turned 69 in June and I look at the things that I have lived and the wonderful family that I have and I feel happy of the years that I have fulfilled

Comment

Turning 54 this month. Has not been a good year health wise, feel much older.

Comment

I'm 52 and counting the days until I have enough years in my pension system to be eligible to retire with full benefits (1,606), although I will need to keep working for a few years after that (being eligible and financially able are two different realities).

One of my sisters cried when she turned 39, then again when she turned 40...but none of my milestones has bothered me so far.

Comment

I turned 63 this past March. If it weren't for this silly bursitis I would feel the same as I did 25 years ago, wish I looked the same. Age does have its perks I do like discounts at restaurants ect. In Alabama when you turn 65 you get a discount on your property tax. Oh I am still mad a Publix for taking away there Senior Citizen discount.

Comment

I'm 58 and happy to be here with everyone! I've experienced two sides of the coin. At a recent lunch with DD and we were mistaken for sisters. Loved that one. However, lunch last with dear friend and waitress thought I was the mother. Yikes! My friend is 59.

Comment

I might be the youngest, I just turned 40 in January. I look early thirties I'm told....I've been blessed with 5 kids...23,21,19,19 and 15. A four year old granddaughter as well from my oldest. I was one that went through the turning 30 hard time, so at 40 I made more to my life so the reflection was better for the 10 years. I have a great life, I owe a lot to the quilting community for being such a positive bunch.

Comment

I am enjoying everyones posts. I am 64. I have daughters who are 45, 41, and just about 30. Hard to believe since I still feel like I am in my 30’s, at least mentally. Physically, Not so much. But I do my best to care for myself so I plan on being around for a long bit. Retirement in just a couple more years. I plan on enjoying every minute God gives me. Blessings to all.
                  :icon_happy:Karen
                  Life is short - live it up while you can

Comment

Will be 62 in September.....that is not the age I feel though.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

Turned 60 in April. My Dad's youngest cousin (that's 6 weeks younger than me) and I decided our 50s sucked, so we're both looking forward to our 60s with more joy filled experiences.
                      Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

I'm 64. I had better live many, many more years because I still have a lot of fabric!
                        Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I was 72 a few weeks ago. The only time it bothers me is when I think about being 72.....that's awful old. I don't feel 72 though so I keep on going. kathy

Comment

I'm 26! I started quilting a few years ago to destress from my job! I think I may one of the youngest!

Comment

I have been enjoying this forum for a few years but felt I might be a bit elderly and out of place since you all sound so vibrant and busy. Well I now know at 75 I fit right in. Thanks for your great comments. Gretchen

Comment

Originally posted by JennQuilts View Post
                                I'm 26! I started quilting a few years ago to destress from my job! I think I may one of the youngest!
                                Jenn, I think we may all have to start calling you "Baby Sister".

Comment

Working...
                                X