No announcement yet.

Want to be brave & tell us your age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Want to be brave & tell us your age?

I turned 58 earlier this month. Sometimes feel like a kid, but when my hips act up I feel 100. Stopped coloring my hair 3 years ago to see what color i really was ( been dying my hair since before I was 16) and found a beautiful silver color. I love it but hubby hates it.
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Comment

Don't mind telling my age at all. I turned 79 Feb. 3rd. I shock people when I tell them my age because I look much younger. I'm blessed with good genes. Monique, you are so funny!
      sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

Add another participant to the 71 yo column. Most of the ime I don't realize that I am more than middle aged until someone is too polite and offers me a seat or holds open a door.

Comment

Turned 50 just 2 weeks ago!
          Happy Quilting!

Comment

I'm 61. My step-daughter and her husband sent me a birthday card that cracked me up, as they both thought I was only 52. I don't mind my age (it is what it is, so what?), but I guess it's a compliment that I must look younger than I really am.

Comment

I will be 61 on the 21st. No, I can't ride a unicycle but then I never could so I guess age didn't make any difference.

As the baseball great, Satchel Paige, said "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?" He was born during the slave era and had no idea when his "real" birthday was.
              sigpic

Comment

Age has never bothered me! I am 65, and the bonus there is I am officially retiring on Dec 31st of this year.

Comment

70, I didn't realize so many were older then me :-) Now I feel young
                  https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                  Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Brave?....PROUD and THANKFUL!. I turned 73 in April and I am basically healthy (minus a few minor issues). I can still enjoy my family: children and grand/great grandchildren, travel with my hubby/best friend and drive and take care of my home, AND quilt! What more can I ask for?!
                    BTW: I love Laura P's response. Most times (MOST) times I don't feel 73 and don't "think" 73. Every day is an adventure.
                    Last edited by cv quilter; July 9, 2018, 04:53 PM.
                    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

71 WINS i think....LOL... That's me... but it's all the same as long as each and every day i get up, create, quilt,, or something like that..happens... I love being retired and feel i have earned the "do whatever feels good" attitude... Health could certainly be better, but i am also thinking i don't want to spend the rest of my golden years having to deprive myself... That's my story and i'm stickin' to it) Hugs, GB
                      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Turning 70 later this week. My husband (he’s 73) and I both feel very blessed to be in good health. We’re still working some but trying to slow down and enjoy life while we both can!!

Comment

66 here. I never had any problems with telling my age...to me it's just a number. May not move as fast as I once did..and cannot do things I did when I was younger, but at least I can still move around.
                          Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Turning 61 this year. For some reason 40 was a bad one. Maybe because the kids were leaving and I became a grandmother but now after 7 grandchildren who cares! I retired this year and everyday is a new adventure.
                            Kelly

Comment

Will turn 64 in August and have embraced the silver (gray) hair for many years now.

Comment

70...hum....I used to think 70 was old but realize its just 3/4 of the way there. I plan to live well into my 90s. DH laughed when I set the terms for the owner financing on the restaurant with a 30 year note. He said I was being very optimistic. I told him realistic!! I am in great health but don't pretend that I look younger than I am...(although, when I'm out in a restaurant and group of older people come in, I always think they look much older than us)
                                My mother had a funny story about her age at 85 (she is 92 now). She said, all the people at her work thought she looked 60. (she worked at Walmart in the girls dept. folding and helping customers). I said, well, people always guess younger because they don't want to hurt your feelings. She said, " oh no, they really mean it with me" I look much younger. I replied, "so , Mom, you think you and I look the same age?" and she came right back at me with..."well, life really hasn't been very kind to you"
                                So...lets all hear it for liking the AGE WE ARE!! Its great to be one of Gods children
                                Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                                Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X