Any Quilters from Washington State?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Quilters from Washington State?

It looks like we will be moving there next year. Somewhere between Longview and Walla Walla. DH has relatives in Portland so that is one reason. Any info you wish to give would be greatly appreciated. LQS, places to consider or not consider. Anyone live in one of the 55+ communities?
    sigpic

Re: Any Quilters from Washington State?

There's several of us in Washington - so let me be the first to offer you a pre-welcome!

I'm in Puyallup (near Tacoma), so I don't have much info to offer to you for the area you are possibly moving to, except to plan at least one road trip so that after you get settled in you can meet a few of your "local" forum friends!

Comment

I'm in Tacoma, not far from Carolyn. Even though I have lived here my entire life, I do not know that area of the state. However, I do know there are lots of wineries down there!!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I used to live in Walla Walla in the early '70's, but I was not a quilter then. It's a nice town. Many retired folks there. Somewhere between Longview & WW is a big area -- like clear across the width of the state! I guess you'll have to more specific when you know an exact destination.

Comment

Thank you ladies, it is always exhausting to find a new place to live. We will be doing a ten day visit in October. DH will be in a class and I will be house hunting. Medical care is a big priority so I will be looking into that also. Nice to know there will be other quilters I sort of know.
          sigpic

Comment

I also live in Puyallup, right near Caroline! I have family in E. Washington, but I've never lived out that way. I agree with Caroline, get settled and plan a road trip up our way. We've got that awesome Sewing and Quilt expo right up the street! Always a good reason for a visit....
            sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

This is making me miss my PNW quilty friends!! What a wonderful visit last summer with Pat, Caroline, Libby, and Cathy!!
              Hugs to all of you!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyO'Sews View Post
                This is making me miss my PNW quilty friends!! What a wonderful visit last summer with Pat, Caroline, Libby, and Cathy!!
                Hugs to all of you!
                Don't you have kids you need to come visit??
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

If you get to the Portland area check out Craft Warehouse in Vancouver Wa. They sometimes have a huge fabric sale, not sure how often, but gorgeous flat fold fabric for very low prices. They always have nice fabric just not always on sale. https://craftwarehouse.com
                  Quilters never die, they just go batts.

Comment

My sister in law lives in Liberty Lake near Spokane and they have a big quilt show every October. There are several very nice quilt stores in LLake and between them and Spokane, called Spokane Valley.
                    Bev

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                      Don't you have kids you need to come visit??
                      I'm absolutely certain she does!
                      Be who you are and say what you feel
                      because those who mind don't matter,
                      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                      X