My life with coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My life with coffee

Morning all. Haven't been here a lot lately. Not much to say. I pulled a muscle in my lower back weds reaching for the can opener. Went to work thurs was feeling ok with just a few twinges of pain. Put some laundry in the machine this morning and bending over to get it out wrecked my back all over again. So walking on eggs again and hoping I don't twist or turn the wrong way because it makes me yelp.
    I'm with Barb on coffee. My Mom drunk it and so does hubby. I do like the smell of it brewing but hate the taste, give me tea hot or cold and I'm happy.
    Barb sorry about the apartment mess.
    Have a good day all.
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Comment

Hey Carlie. My basement top loading washer also started smelling. Very simple solution. First I cleaned it and started leaving the lid open. No more smell unless DH uses it and forgets to leave open.

Comment

Well I finally discovered the problem. I used some of the test tips Buddy gave me :-). Turned out to be the sink. Once I discovered that I called to owner so he could look at it when he comes over next week to do some other things. Turns out he came right over to see what was up with it. It was the seal around the drain. He had used plumbers puddy a few months ago but didn't use a silicone (or something I forget) around it. So water would leak through the puddy. The smell is coming more from the tile under the sink where the water gets in. I can only imagine what it would be like if I actually used that bathroom daily! It's a flooring he put in about 15 years ago that of course was suppose to be a marvel but has like a caulkboard backing that reacts much like sand in that it takes forever to dry out even though it wasn't much water. He's coming back next week to fix the drain seal, we'll use some mold/mildew stuff on the floor and then put my electric heater in their to get it dried out properly. Hopefully that will work and we won't need to worry about a new floor for now. (I'd rather have the new windows for my upstairs office as that was on our " do next list". Aren't 100+ year old houses fun? Actually I do love this old house
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
          Cute video Blondie :-)

Buddy being as you own apartments you might be able to give me some hints here particularly since your dealing with bathrooms currently. I'm embaressed to say I just can't figure out where the problem is coming from here. I have a small half bathroom downstairs and there is a washer and dryer in it. One window. It's developed an odor that I can't seem to get rid of. I think it's either mildew or mold. I've used bleach to clean the floor, also poured bleach in the toilet tank and scrubbed it down inside and down the sink drain. Still no luck getting rid of the odor. I don't see any indications of a water leak. I've never had this happen before. Any ideas?

Just before we got this last stint of bad weather, when it was all warmed up we were visited by some woodpeckers. I had noticed around this time last year they decided to peck at the back corner of our house. I had read then that it was possibly a mating behavior or possibly a nest was being built. No babies that I could see so maybe it was the former behavior. Well, they are back again this year. Back corner slightly different spot. I had tried last year to sneak outside to see what they were doing but they were slippery little things and would fly off into the trees until I went back in the house and then would come back. Wish I could get a picture of them.
          Washers will often get a mildew growth going if they never dry out well. Put a cup of white vinegar in your water once a week to keep it cleaned out. Its also a pretty good fabric softener and leaves your clothes smelling fresh.
          TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I was so thrilled to see our Blondie's name pop up. I wish it had not been a 2018 post but that she was back bringing her wisdom, cheer and softness.
            I miss her, Sandy Navas and so many more.

Comment

• SuzyQue
              SuzyQue commented
              Editing a comment
              That was exactly my reaction!🥴

• geegeequilts
              geegeequilts commented
              Editing a comment
              Claire, I too, thought it was a current post. I sure do miss Blondie & her "heck, fire shoot" comment. Sandy, where are you? Miss you both, Gina

I was very disappointed too at seeing that this was from 2018, I thought she was back! I also miss Sandy she was so funny, and also what happened to Bee? She would have me in stitches just telling an ordinary story like a trip to the mailbox!

Comment

I was thinking the same thing,. missing people. I emailed Sandy that I was alive and came back to the forum. She popped in to see the baby pics I posted and then she disappeared again. Sigh
              "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

I too have wondered where so many of the original forum members went.....I just assumed they moved on and started their own forum somewhere as they did seem to be very close friends.

Comment

• SuzyQue
                  SuzyQue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I must have gotten left behind. I do miss that group! Not that there are not lovely, kind ladies on here now......

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
                I was so thrilled to see our Blondie's name pop up. I wish it had not been a 2018 post but that she was back bringing her wisdom, cheer and softness.
                I miss her, Sandy Navas and so many more.
                Me, too! ☹

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
                  is not exactly like this. I have never ever been this amped up. Kinda wish I were. I need it today. It isn't only Monday's that coffee was created for.

Happy Friday and Enjoy the weekend, Folksies!
                  I must have come to the coffee club late because the video is unavailable
                  Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                  Terry

Comment

Working...
                  X