Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car accident...

car accident 03.19.18 (800x450).jpg

How sad that for 8 years, I have taken care of my dream car and some punk kid rams into my car this morning. And then, tries to lie his way out of it......so angry right now.

No job, no money and now this.....I don't think there will be enough tears today....
    Last edited by shermur; March 19, 2018, 09:36 AM.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Re: Car accident...

Oh NOOOOO. What a horrible way to start your day. And I know no matter that insurance covers it, they do not cover our inconvenience nor the care we put into the vehicle. Hugs!
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Oh boy! You really have to look for the window that is supposed to open on this one!!!

Comment

Oh man that's horrible. How sad. Did the jerk have insurance? Is there any way you can replace it with that?
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I guess he has insurance; nothing was exchanged at the scene of the accident. The police office stated the "accident summary" and all information will be emailed to those of us involved in the accident.

I have to file a form report with the state DMV division within 72 hours?
          Sherri

Comment

Oh Sherri, so much to process and get through. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope all works out and the kid gets what he deserves!
            💫 Star lover

Comment

But more importantly, are you okay? Or has your body told you yet? Sometimes it takes a while to feel the aches.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure what the rules are now in Vermont. I moved from there back in 2000. I don't know about the 72hr rule. Have you contacted your insurance company yet?

Yes.....are you alright? For some reason I was assuming that you were not in the vehicle when this happened?
                https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Reporting this to insurance will make both parties' rates go up. Maybe he/his parents will agree to pay the full cost of repair out of pocket. Just a thought.
                  Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

So far, so good...I naturally have aches and pains...
                    Sherri

Comment

Originally posted by chelea View Post
                      Reporting this to insurance will make both parties' rates go up. Maybe he/his parents will agree to pay the full cost of repair out of pocket. Just a thought.
                      Michele.....there is no way I would even think about talking to the little jerk after how much I witnessed his deceit in trying to cover up his actions. YIKES! No, I will go through his insurance company and pray that it is all legal and in effect.
                      Sherri

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
                        I'm not sure what the rules are now in Vermont. I moved from there back in 2000. I don't know about the 72hr rule. Have you contacted your insurance company yet?

Yes.....are you alright? For some reason I was assuming that you were not in the vehicle when this happened?
                        Carlie:
                        I suppose I am OK; I am more depressed than anything. My driving record is impeccable and to be hit from out of no where....It's just very disappointing that people aren't honest anymore.
                        Sherri

Comment

I hope you are okay and I hope that little s*** gets what's comng to him. I would also go through the insurance company the legit way. No way would I rely on his "assurance" to take care of the costs in cash just between the two of you. You would probably wind up getting screwed over.

Comment

Sherri ~ Been there, done that. As you may remember last year in Feb. my car was rear-ended by an 18 y.o. Hispanic guy with no valid driver's license, no ins., & he fled the scene. He was caught within the hour & charged with 6 counts; he went to jail, since he had a prior incident. When his court case come up a few mos. later, he was a no show. I've heard nothing since. Because our car is older, we had $1,000. deductible on it, which we had to pay, plus a couple hundred more. I got a good whack on the head & was sore for some time. The auto repair guys did a great job of fixing up my car. I hope you're ok.

Comment

Sorry you had to go through this. It is not fun. I had my dream car which was paid for. Car was about 7 yrs old, and unfortunately I hit a parked Hummer! I know you're thinking how could I miss that, but the sun was in my eyes, and I didn't move fast enough. Due to the age of my car and the amount of the damage, it was considered totaled. Got a new one and 2 years later someone turned in front of me and whacked me. Totaled again. You just never know these days.

Praying you get through this without too much angst.

Comment

Working...
                              X