Grateful for food neighbours and friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grateful for food neighbours and friends

Some of you know that my husband has had a few falls recently, so I have taken on the role of chef, cook and bottlewasher. I don't mind but I do have to say that, while I can keep up with almost anything, the snow has been my worst enemy.

Last week I was able to just push the snow aside in our double driveway, as I can't lift it on top of the snowbanks which are still over 5' high. That was 2 days of heavy snow last week. Then in the past few days we have had another ~8" of wet heavy snow. I used the scooper to push aside, in front and in back of DH car. He can't drive right now, so it doesn't matter.

Yesterday I had to run errands for DH to tax accountant and as it's an hour away, I took advantage of stopping at a quilt store in the area that stocks all Kona solids. I had my list. Then IKEA which DH hates to go to. I had shoved snow aside just enough to get out. Then DH had appointment with an osteopath. When we came home, our driveway had been cleared by our neighbour Jim.

He is a godsend, same age as DH and good friend. I was already going over to bring a thank you card with gift certificate from Lee Valley, a woodworking store. Last weekend, he fixed a rocking chair that had loose spindles and the panel on our team table. I added a bottle of his favorite wine. His wife Connie and I are good friend, so we shared a glass. She is from Nova Scotia and a good friend to have. As she said we are both much younger than our husbands and we have to look after them.

Have a good day. Another appointment for Michael today.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Re: Grateful for food neighbours and friends

Wow, so happy for the blessings in your life!
    💫 Star lover

Comment

We have so many blessings to be thankful for!
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Those are the kinds of friends to cherish.

Comment

That's a true friend for sure. You are blessed.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

So nice to have a good friend and neighbor, you are blessed!

Comment

It is great to have friends who can and willingly help out when you are in need ... they are to be treasured ...

Comment

I love hearing of people helping others. What a great friend and neighbor you have! I hope your husband gets better.

Comment

What loving thoughtful friends/neighbors you have.

Comment

It's always nice to have a snow angel. We have a volunteer from our church who has been clearing our snow for 8 yrs. He hasn't had much to clear this winter. We are way behind with precip. Even some of the ski areas in the mts. are hurting for snow. I hope your trip to the quilt store was productive.

Comment

Great friends to have and be thankful for.

Comment

I bet you put those neighbors in your prayers every night. Those are the kind to cherish.

Comment

We are all so blessed when we have friends and neighbors who are there for us..whether to do things for us that we can't do or don't have time to do or to just be there to spend some time with us. SuzanneOrleansinOntario...you are a blessed woman. Hoping your DH will soon be up and around. I have been where you are many times, and am always thankful and grateful for good friends and neighbors. We all need each other.
                          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                            It's always nice to have a snow angel. We have a volunteer from our church who has been clearing our snow for 8 yrs. He hasn't had much to clear this winter. We are way behind with precip. Even some of the ski areas in the mts. are hurting for snow. I hope your trip to the quilt store was productive.
                            I got a few yards of Royal, a yard of Dove and 4 of the new colour called Haze. I will incorporate on WIP. They always have a featured bundle colour, and it is green this month. I am a green person but frankly didn't need more St this time.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                            X