Clear All

• 20 years ago.....

How long since YOU have seen one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	1679172
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Re: 20 years ago.....

I cannot remember the last time I saw one. I think you can still get them at some stores but you have to ask. I also remember when they were phased out and the clerks asked for a time "paper or plastic?".
    Trisha
    Coram Deo

Comment

I remember them asking paper or plastic. I miss those paper pages. If the plastic ones get any thinner the cheap brands of saran wrap would work better.

Women are Angels.
      When someone
      break's our wings
      we will continue to
      fly...usually on a
      broomstick.
      We're flexible like that.
      - embroitique

Comment

That is why I went to making my own bags for grocery shopping. They are big sturdy and have a masonite bottom for support.
        sigpic Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

I have my own bags. We use the plastic ones for cat litter trash but I prefer my own most of the time. I got a paper one yesterday to see and it was a lot thinner than I remember them being. They used to be very stiff and hard to fold. This is almost like a piece of paper. hmmm

Comment

Some of our stores here have them.
            In some cities you have to pay for your bags now. You either bring your own, or they charge you 5 cents per bag.
            I am always forgetting to bring them in the store with me. When I forget, I just load the groceries back in the cart and bag them myself out at the car.
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Our Walmart won't offer anything, (ban on plastic) except you can buy one of their blue bags at the register. I like one of my markets (Foodland) because they pack in paper bags with handles. I reuse them all the time for different purposes. I don't feel guilty about that.
              sigpic

Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
                I remember them asking paper or plastic. I miss those paper pages. If the plastic ones get any thinner the cheap brands of saran wrap would work better.
                so true!!!
                Tracie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                  Our Walmart won't offer anything, (ban on plastic) except you can buy one of their blue bags at the register. I like one of my markets (Foodland) because they pack in paper bags with handles. I reuse them all the time for different purposes. I don't feel guilty about that.
                  Oh, NEVER feel guilty about re-use and recycle!
                  TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Bashas in AZ still have the paper bags with two handles. So sad, our Bashas closed in Prescott. Those bags were way better than plastic.
                    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I made my own, still using after 5 years. Some stores here have paper.
                      Bags cost 15-25 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by cv quilter View Post
                        Bashas in AZ still have the paper bags with two handles. So sad, our Bashas closed in Prescott. Those bags were way better than plastic.
                        We have a very big farm market that has plastic and those 2 handle paper bags, we always choose the paper bags and use them for our junk mail and paper recycling. I also use the paper bags for my scraps while quilting.
                        MissMay AKA May in Jersey

Comment

Remember making book covers at the beginning of the school year. Usually somewhere between Christmas and Easter we would have to make new ones. Not sure I even remember how anymore.
                          sigpic

Comment

My gosh LauraP, I haven't thought about covering those books in years! Back then we had to buy our books too.

Comment

We have a new chain in town - Sprouts. They offer the paper bags with handles which I gladly took. As I was walking through the parking lot, I hear a tear and all my produce went rolling around the lot. Don't make them like they used to. I have reusable bags but never seem to remember to take them with me.
                              Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X