so annoying....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so annoying....

Has anyone ever had a business accidentally put your cell phone number in for their contact information? Over the past week, I've had about 3 messages from people needing their furnace cleaned. I actually answered one call and the lady said she got the number from an ad in the paper. Sure enough, it was my cell number. I looked up the business and found their office number and left a message asking them to please take my cell number out of their ad.

Ok, thanks for listening. Have a good evening!
    Tracie

Re: so annoying....

Oh, good grief! I hope this gets fixed quickly for you.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

It could be worse. One time we had an 800 number that was one diget of from a limo service in NYC. We would get calls at 3am. We finally just started telling them that the limo was on the way and just sit tight. lol
      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
      Terry

Comment

We used to get calls for a dentist; their no. was just one off ours. I hope your problem gets rectified soon. How frustrating.

Comment

frustrating for sure. Hope they clear it up soon, now that they know.

Comment

At my office (accounting firm), I receive faxes that are intended for a local physician. Most of these faxes are from pharmacies, some are from insurance agencies, other physicians, diagnostic services (i.e. MRIs), and some are even from Psychiatrists. What they all have in common is the fax will include the Patient's name, address, date of birth, SS#, phone, along with other personal medical information.

Hhhmmm can you say HIPPA LAW VIOLATION?

I've contacted the physician's office on a number of occasions, and each time we receive one of those faxes in error, I re-send it back to the original sender with a note that they have the wrong #. There was one sender that was so persistent that he had the right number, I had to threaten him with contacting the patient (all his info was on the fax) so HE could sue the sender.

Comment

Oh yes. My phone prefix is one # different than Best Buy. When they have a sale we used to get flooded with calls. Finally after 5 or so years it is tapering off. I say hello or the answering machine picks up and people aren't even listening. They start right off either ordering or complaining. So far when we answer we give them the correct number but it sure wears thin at times.

Comment

Growing up, our phone number was one digit off from a local podiatrist. We would get tons of calls for appointments! Mom still has the same phone number, but the doctor has moved away.

At least they're not collection calls. A few years ago (during the recession), I had to change my phone number twice because I was getting tons of collection calls for the people who had the numbers before me. Collection agents never believe you when you tell them they have the wrong number!

Comment

Originally posted by JulieC View Post
                  Growing up, our phone number was one digit off from a local podiatrist. We would get tons of calls for appointments! Mom still has the same phone number, but the doctor has moved away.

At least they're not collection calls. A few years ago (during the recession), I had to change my phone number twice because I was getting tons of collection calls for the people who had the numbers before me. Collection agents never believe you when you tell them they have the wrong number!
                  Actually, now that you mention collection agency, my mom used to get calls all the time from some guy that was in jail. She would tell them he doesn't live here. I swear they thought she was hiding him in her closet or something cuz they wouldn't give up!
                  Tracie

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                    It could be worse. One time we had an 800 number that was one diget of from a limo service in NYC. We would get calls at 3am. We finally just started telling them that the limo was on the way and just sit tight. lol
                    I love that response! Hubby thinks if they don't correct, I should just start telling people we're out of business.
                    Tracie

Comment

I've been one number off of Walmart, a local dentist, and back in the 60's, our number was recycled from a bootlegger! Those were interesting! ( we lived in Oklahoma that until several years before that was a dry state.)

Comment

When we moved into our house, our phone number was similar to the number for a local school. Different prefix but same last four digits. I used to get phone calls early in the morning from parents wanting to report their kids as absent. Most of them would apologize when I told them they had the wrong number, but one lady kept arguing with me about needing to report her child off because he was sick! I finally told her I was sorry I that her child was sick, but I couldn't help her! She finally hung up and hopefully called the right number. It happened so frequently that we called the phone company and explained the problem, and they agreed to change our phone number at no cost.

Comment

A massage parlour at 283 Elgar Road advertised their services in the local paper and it appeared as 382 Elgar Road, which was our home address. For weeks we had strange men turning up at our place hoping for a massage (or more?)

My kids were still at home then and I had a house full of foster kids as well. The bit that really annoyed me though was that they didn't bother coming up the path - they took short cuts over our newly establishing garden

Comment

Originally posted by Tracie T View Post
                            Actually, now that you mention collection agency, my mom used to get calls all the time from some guy that was in jail. She would tell them he doesn't live here. I swear they thought she was hiding him in her closet or something cuz they wouldn't give up!
                            OMG, I had something similar at my old house. My phone number used to belong to an inmate's mother, and I would get calls from the jail. He got out and a friend of his left a message on my answering machine to let her know. I had to pay for a block on the number so he couldn't charge calls to it from the jail.

Comment

When we lived in Florida, our number was one digit different then the local bar/club. Our neighbor had the same last name as us (no relation) and the husband had the same first initial as my husband. Can you say confusion!

I used to work in the same building as my husband. All day long I was waiting for a fax. That night at the dinner table, I noticed a sheet of paper on the table. I started reading it out loud (it was upside down) and realized it was my fax! They had put it in my husbands office box. DH saw it and realized it was not for him but for me!
                              Vonnie

Comment

Working...
                              X