Snow surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow surprise

we have a lot of snow in the UK, we don't normally get much in depth, but its come from up north.
    its cold out and windy with the odd flutter storm,
    just shone an led light out of window and seen a beautiful array of sparkling snow flakes carpeting the ground,
    not seen that amount of sparkle before with an ordinary torch.
    amazing

Re: Snow surprise

Hello! We normally get a few snows a winter where I live in North Carolina. True to form, we've had 2 good size snows this year. Hoping that we see NO more. I am usually ready for winter to be done by the day after Christmas. Certainly not looking forward to that 4 letter word again until next year. However . . . we've been having some blackberry winter and that is never a good sign. Let's just say, you can enjoy the beauty of your snow and I will enjoy it right along with you. Smiles!
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Who is making the blackberry wine?
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

What is a blackberry winter??? Never heard of that but I do love blackberries esp jam

Comment

hi
          lol

Comment

ROFLMBBO !! Maybe it is a colloquial term. Blackberry winter is when before the seasons change and you get some unseasonably warm weather - warm enough to make the wild blackberries bloom or at least green up. Lots of that action around here lately. And Sandy! I've made elderberry wine with my granny before - never was able to keep from eating the blackberries to make up anything except a small cobbler.
            Sewing mends the soul.
            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

We have 6" of snow and a bitter easterly wind and the temperature is around -4C but feels much colder!! The snow when it was falling on Monday was pretty but after the 3rd consecutive day it has lost beauty!!

Really want to make beef casseroles and stews but don't have a kitchen at the moment (it's being refurbished) so bought a large bar of chocolate instead!!

Comment

Sort of the opposite of what we call indian summer here in new england...unseasonably warm weather after a frost in autumn.
                Last edited by chelea; March 1, 2018, 03:46 PM.
                Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Same here in Mo. Chelsea.

Comment

I have a friend in UK who lives in the West Midlands and is getting snow a lot. very cold up where she is. near a Forest or wooded area too. her cat loves that.

Comment

You all enjoy the snow, I'll stick to walking on the beach with the warm breezes blowing.
                      Katrina
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                        You all enjoy the snow, I'll stick to walking on the beach with the warm breezes blowing.
                        Wish i could....walk on a beach.....we got the wettest heaviest snow I've ever had the displeasure of shoveling! Can't tell how much we got. But whew! Hoping March moves onward to the lamb part soon!
                        💫 Star lover

Comment

Chocolate is such a nice compensation for life's little disappointments, isn't it? I hope your kitchen turns out as awesome as mine did. Sure makes a difference.
                          sigpic

Comment

Our azaleas are in full bloom now - much too early. They usually don't bloom until late March - around Easter. The Fla State Fair is notorious for having rainy cold weather and it was beautiful every day this year.

We are enjoying cooler weather starting this morning - supposed to drop to 46, and stay low until the end of next week - YAY!!! I am doubly glad because my sister will be here from California and I really can't take anymore of her complaining about the heat. Makes it more miserable than the heat itself.
                            Donna

Comment

Working...
                            X