Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m baaaaack

My Dear Grandquilterz,
    A lot has happened since I last posted. Pull up a chair and let me tell you a few thingz.

I was elected VFW State Jr Vice Commander. I’ve been so busy since then. It’s hard to believe I only have 3 more months left in the position. In June I’ll be elected Sr Vice Commander. Since being elected I had the pleasure of attending the 118th VFW National Convention in New Orleans. I attended Jr Vice Commander Training in Kansas City Mo. I attended Western Conference in San Diago, California. I traveled all over Utah visiting the posts. While attending to the needs of one post I realized I needed to intervene to keep the post from folding. So, on top of an already busy schedule I became a Post Commander.

Exciting News!!! My oldest son will be getting maried in March. He asked me to be his best man. I’m making a quilt for them. Her parents sent me some old clothing so I can do a scrappy quilt. Yes, I said I’m making a scrappy quilt. Call me crazy. We will drive from Utah to South Carolina.

I was asked to do a PSA about my experience with PTSD. Here is the link if you’d like to see it. Please share this if you like it.
    https://www.facebook.com/VFWFans/vid...4722426057136/

It’s late I need to get to bed.

Sending you all Luvz, Hugz, & Prayerz
    Grampz
    VETERAN
    n. [VET-ER-AN]
    Someone Who Will Knock You Out
    For Stepping On
    The American Flag!

Re: I’m baaaaack

Welcome back and thank you for your service, and so great you are working through your PTSD.
    Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

It's good to see you back! Sounds like life has been exciting!
      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Welcome back. My, you have been busy. Congratulations on your son's upcoming wedding. That says a lot to me that your son asked you to be his best man. WOW!! Don't forget to show us the quilt when you are done.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome back, and thanks for your service. Congrats on the upcoming wedding in the family, and to be asked to be bestman for your son will make it extra special. Sounds like you have had a busy year and next year will be also with the promotion from Jr to Sr.

Comment

Welcome back, Grampz! I watched your PSA and I admire all that you are doing for others to help them with their PTSD struggles. You're really busy right now...thanks for remembering us. Pop in when you can...we will save your place here.

Great hearing from you!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Do you accept hugs? What about those with a few tears to wet your shoulder? From one Viet Nam era vet to another! Looking good!
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Welcome back! And a big thanks, that is an awesome PSA, my son recently started a support group for local Veterans many of whom are suffering from PTSD.

Beth
                Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

Wonderful video Grampz. I think you hit the nail on the head. PTSD is a disruption of peoples identity, it shakes them to the core. I think once we begin to reconnect and honor who we are, we are on the road to recovery. I've seen so many people come back from PTSD much stronger a person then they could have been otherwise. Thank you for reaching back a hand to those who are walking behind you to let them know they too can move through it. I remember a patient telling their therapist, don't be afraid..I'm not really falling apart...I'm coming together.
                  https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                  Women are Angels.
                  When someone
                  break's our wings
                  we will continue to
                  fly...usually on a
                  broomstick.
                  We're flexible like that.
                  - embroitique

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                    Do you accept hugs? What about those with a few tears to wet your shoulder? From one Viet Nam era vet to another! Looking good!
                    I wouldn’t be a true Grampz if I didn’t accept Hugz. lol. Thank you for your service and welcome home!
                    VETERAN
                    n. [VET-ER-AN]
                    For Stepping On
                    The American Flag!

Comment

Originally posted by shawnan View Post
                      Welcome back and thank you for your service, and so great you are working through your PTSD.
                      I got into sewing and quilting to help with my PTSD. Love it
                      VETERAN
                      n. [VET-ER-AN]
                      For Stepping On
                      The American Flag!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
                        It's good to see you back! Sounds like life has been exciting!
                        Life is full of excitement. Just had to reprogram my brain.
                        VETERAN
                        n. [VET-ER-AN]
                        For Stepping On
                        The American Flag!

Comment

Welcome back Busy Grampz!

I totally get how busy the VFW can be, my uncle was elected president of the Fleet Marine, once he stepped down my aunt was elected president of the Women's Axillary for about 4 years, they traveled all over the country and they loved every minute of it.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. It sounds like you'll still be busy once your term is over.
                          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
                            Welcome back. My, you have been busy. Congratulations on your son's upcoming wedding. That says a lot to me that your son asked you to be his best man. WOW!! Don't forget to show us the quilt when you are done.
                            Thank you. I’m so excited. I really like the young lady he chose to marry.
                            VETERAN
                            n. [VET-ER-AN]
                            For Stepping On
                            The American Flag!

Comment

Originally posted by KarenC View Post
                              Welcome back, and thanks for your service. Congrats on the upcoming wedding in the family, and to be asked to be bestman for your son will make it extra special. Sounds like you have had a busy year and next year will be also with the promotion from Jr to Sr.
                              It sure has been busy. But I love it. Advocating for and on behalf of Veterans and their families is my favorite part of the day
                              VETERAN
                              n. [VET-ER-AN]
                              For Stepping On
                              The American Flag!

Comment

Working...
                              X