pity party time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pity party time

DH came home from work with bad news, his plant will be closing, not right away but they say in 9-18 months. So I guess the positive side is he has time to look for a new job. But we had just gotten into a feeling of being on a smooth ride from here to retirement in a few years. Well, we are back on the roller-coaster of life.

Beth
    Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Re: pity party time

Sorry to hear this, Beth. Hopefully he can find other employment without much of a gap in income. Yes, life is a real roller coaster at times.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

So sorry to hear this. Losing a job is very difficult on one's ego. Since the economy is improving hopefully something even better will come along.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this. Looking for a job can be so stressful, I wish him luck in his job search. Jobs, health, and money worries are giving us all gray hair.

Comment

Sorry to hear the plant is closing. If you are near retirement, and thus over 50, consider joining AARP. They have great resources for people over 50 job hunting. Membership is $16 per year.

Good luck.
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

So sorry to hear this. It seems like it's happening everywhere. It was just announced the Harley Davidson plant in KC, which is near us, is closing within the next year. I think something like 800 people will lose their jobs by 2019.
            Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

So sorry for you both. Years ago, my DH job closed.....and then another opened and it was better than before! So you just never know. Hope things work out for you and doesn't involve too much stress. Hugs!

Comment

Keeping you in my prayers. Take each day at a time. So glad you have some time to make the job search easier. My DH found out one time is job was over when he showed up for work!! When a door closes, remember a window of opportunity opens.
                No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                Aesop

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about this. At least he has a time table that he can look for something.

There is a school here that put the notice out on Friday that the school was closing and wouldn't be open Monday. I couldn't believe a private school that's been here for almost 60 years closed down like that.

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he finds something that he can really enjoy!
                  Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                  ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Beth, so sorry to hear about your husband's job. I will be praying for both of you.

Comment

Oh Beth - so sorry to hear this news. I second the idea of joining AARP. Hopeful that something will come along quickly. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

Just signed in and first thing I see is your sad news. Wish I had something to say to help but I don't have any words that would make your situation better. Will pray that he finds a new job. Hang in there.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope something even better comes along for your husband.
                          *~* Myrna *~*
                          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Bummers. Sorry to hear this. Offerring positive though r so and prayers that someth6 better will come along.

Comment

Thanks for all the encouragement and support...you peeps are the greatest. DD just called and said we should think of moving to Hamilton, that way we could both get jobs at M*. That would be fun, may have to check into this.

Beth
                              Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

Working...
                              X