Funny/Strange/Weird Christmas Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Funny/Strange/Weird Christmas Stories

Carol, I was the second oldest and black sheep of the family. I know, someone needs that position :-) Then I realized that it probably wasn't a bad thing...considering my family. My sister Karen was born in January and I was born Christmas. Both the same year. When they signed me up at a Catholic School for first grade the head nun told my mother that was IMPOSSIBLE. I wonder what math she learned in school LOL
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
      Carol, I was the second oldest and black sheep of the family. I know, someone needs that position :-) Then I realized that it probably wasn't a bad thing...considering my family. My sister Karen was born in January and I was born Christmas. Both the same year. When they signed me up at a Catholic School for first grade the head nun told my mother that was IMPOSSIBLE. I wonder what math she learned in school LOL
      Didn't the nun know about Irish Twins? You know you can never argue with a nun but I bet you tried to often, LOL!
      MissMay AKA May in Jersey

Comment

Saw a news brief this week where a woman gave birth to twins - one in 2017 and one in 2018 . . . I have relative twins - one born in March 31 and the other April 1 . . .

Dad used to say the first baby could come any time after marriage, but usually the others took 9 months . . .

As long as they were loved and cared for, who cares when they were born?
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

When I was a kid, we lived in Maryland. It was fun and there was snow and lovely trees. We collected pine cones and put them on our tree. They weren't open yet, but we didn't know. One evening, we heard this popping around the Christmas tree. My mom, always the cautious one, thought it was the Christmas light shorting out and about to cause a fire. She jumped up and headed to the tree and started pulling the plugs from the outlet. I'll always remember her backside as she bent over wildly searching for the outlet. Satisfied that she saved us from a certain fire, she sat back down on the sofa only to hear the popping again! We searched and searched and finally found the culprit. The pine cones were opening up in the dry heat of our house and they create a popping noise when they do so.

It was a tradition for us to find new pine cones and give them to my mom and thank her for saving us from fire.

Comment

Originally posted by snippet View Post
            When I was a kid, we lived in Maryland. It was fun and there was snow and lovely trees. We collected pine cones and put them on our tree. They weren't open yet, but we didn't know. One evening, we heard this popping around the Christmas tree. My mom, always the cautious one, thought it was the Christmas light shorting out and about to cause a fire. She jumped up and headed to the tree and started pulling the plugs from the outlet. I'll always remember her backside as she bent over wildly searching for the outlet. Satisfied that she saved us from a certain fire, she sat back down on the sofa only to hear the popping again! We searched and searched and finally found the culprit. The pine cones were opening up in the dry heat of our house and they create a popping noise when they do so.

It was a tradition for us to find new pine cones and give them to my mom and thank her for saving us from fire.
            I love your story! I had no idea that pine cones made a popping sound when they opened, and I grew up in Colorado!

Comment

Originally posted by Cokie View Post
              I love your story! I had no idea that pine cones made a popping sound when they opened, and I grew up in Colorado!
              We didn't either. Here's a short video of one opening: https://www.facebook.com/Break/video...5779795377792/

Comment

Working...
              X