Welcome Monday Jan 1st, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome Monday Jan 1st, 2018

It is a nippy minus 11 degrees here this morning. I really wanted to get out today but instead I will stay holed up mostly quilting. So that isn't all bad is it? Planning breakfast for supper tonight so easy cooking and cleanup.

Comment

Happy New Year!

Monique I'm so sorry that happened to you. It does seem as if every family has one person with addiction problems. For us it's my dear sweet husband's son. We purchased a safe that DH mounted to the closet wall & I had my neighbor make up an 8 digit combination for me. I keep all medications, the check book, our wills & a book with all accounts & passwords in there. Our adopted daughter is the only one with a key to our house, the combination to the safe & a copy of the wills.

Someone in the neighborhood starting shooting a gun at 10 pm last night & it was loud. We were headed to bed so I turned on our very loud fan to drown out the noise. At midnight I quietly whispered Happy New Year to a snoring hubby and then read on my Kindle until 3 am. I sure didn't want to get up this morning!

I read somewhere that what you do on New Years Day is what you'll be doing all year so I am going to work on a quilt today. I'm definitely NOT doing laundry or housework! Instead I'll turn up the music & try out my new rulers that I got for Christmas.

DH has to work as usual. I told him we'd be having collards, black-eyed peas, chow chow relish & pork for dinner. I usually make cornbread but I'm thinking biscuits with country ham instead. That's one of his favorite dinners so he was good with the menu.

I am looking forward to 2018. I see a lot of quilting in my future

I hope everyone has a great day!
      Last edited by Carolnnc; January 1st, 2018, 09:32 AM.
      :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

Happy New Year everyone! Other than church we did nothing yesterday.
        I started a new quilt that has a lot of pieces but I like the colors.
        I told my husband of 31 years that we have never went out and celebrated
        New Years. (for many years he was a police officer and always worked).
        Well he has been retired 8 years... He said "next year we will do something".
        Uh huh. Interesting how many of you eat pork and black eyed peas.

Comment

HAPPY 2018 TO ALL. DH and I both woke up feeling good so the New Year is off to a good start. Sun is shining so that's another good thing, don't know or care about the temp as I;m not going anywhere today.

Not doing much today. DS#2 and DIL are coming over around 4 with some Chinese food, good way to start the New Year - No Cooking. Really need to start getting the house in better order especially the Mail, Have a box filled with junk mail that I have to review in case something important is hiding in there, then it all goes into the recycling bin. Noontime so I better get myself a snack so I won't be starving when our Chinese dinner arrives sometime after 4. We received some delicious pears and cheese as a Christmas gift and I think that will be a good snack.
          Last edited by MissMay; January 1st, 2018, 10:46 AM.
          MissMay AKA May in Jersey

Comment

Wow! It sounds like everybody has some good eats going on!
            We will probably make a quiche or something with all of the leftovers I the fridge.

After I finish my coffee, we are headed out to muck the barns so we can start the year fresh and clean across the farm!

Happy new year everyone!
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Happy new year!!!
              I sewed yesterday , making one of my granddaughters a bag , she starts cosmetic school in a few weeks , I had kind of organized my sewing room , but it is a mess now, the bag has appliqués on it and i was looking through all my scraps, oh well. I will try to post a pic when I get it done if I can figure out how to post pic. It is a very cute pattern.
              I got the beans cooking , potatoes peeled and chopped to fry. Will make cornbread about 4:30 they all will be here by 5. It is one of our favorite family meals. I wish Bubby and JCY could come!
              I am so sorry that happened to you Monique, that would be so frustrating. Like several has said we all got someone with some similar problems , but that doesnt keep you from getting frustrated.
              It is really cold here it is still has not got over 0' .
              Have a good day to all!

Comment

Happy New Year everyone! We slept in this morning. Tomorrow I go back to work. DS came over and I made sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast. I have chicken in the crockpot for creamed chicken sandwiches whenever the guys want to eat, and I made a Mexican layered dip and brownies last night. We watched the Rose Parade on TV and now there is a football game on TV - DH is asleep in the recliner and DS is stretched out on the couch - I'm sure he'll be sleeping soon too. I have a load of laundry to do and a couple of thank-you cards to write, and I want to update my planner and to-do list for the week. Hoping to get some of my stash organized too - I bought a couple of sweater boxes to use for that. Kind of a quiet, normal start to the New Year. Hope you all have a great day and stay warm, wherever you are!

Comment

Anitamae ~ Thanks for thinking of me. It's always nice to eat food someone else has prepared. I was surprised to learn how many folks are having pork & black-eyed peas today. Is that a southern tradition? I don't think I've ever eaten collard greens. No special foods at our house today. DH eats his same foods every day, no matter what day of the week or holiday it is. I snacked at lunch time, then ate a late lunch of a frozen entrée. No muss, no fuss. I did my usual Mon. laundry, which today was 3 loads. This afternoon I stitched together sample blocks of my Kaffe Fassett quilt to make a practice sandwich. I should be able to do more sewing this eve.

Comment

Katrina, my DD and DSIL are bringing me a plate of smoked turkey, black-eyed peas, cabbage and cornbread later. Aside from the neighborhood pyrotechnics, we had a quiet evening. My 19 YO DGD has the flu but the Tamiflu worked wonders and she's much better today. She is over at her parents' house infecting her dad now. They flooded during Harvey and are living in the upstairs during restoration. Keeping my fingers crossed that my flu shot will work.

Happy New Year to all with accompanying wealth and health and peace.

Comment

Working...
                    X