Last thread of 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last thread of 2017

So happy for Monique getting to ring in the New Year with all her family together, so difficult these days. With so many living in different states we were happy to have had most of our family with us at different times during this holiday season. DH and I will toast the New Year in with a beer for him and wine for me, that is if we stay awake, LOL! Wishing a HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.l
    MissMay AKA May in Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Anitamae56 View Post
      Monique, I can only imagine how wonderful that was. I am very happy for you! Enjoy your time together!!

I will be fixing pinto beans and ham and small pot of black eyed peas, fried potatoes and corn bread, that is our tradition for New Year's Day, there will be 14 or 15 here, that is a lot of beans and a lot of fried potatoes, my kids and grandchildren love this tradition.
      It is very cold here (for Kansas) itis still 3' and suppose to get colder tonight. I do not like the cold.

I want to wish everyone a wonderful New year! And tell you all how much I look forward to reading everyone's thread everyday!

That's our kind of meal....YUM!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Happy last day of 2017!
        Our year has been more of a blessing than not, even with this cold-thing that showed up to close out the year. I have a new job that fulfills me and is helping with our finances. Our family is mostly healthy, and the one member who is not is getting the best care possible, and we are keeping an eagle eye on her doctors.
        I have some of the best friends, both online and in person. How much more can a girl ask for? (OK, maybe more time to sew and an unlimited fabric budget, but that's up there with winning the lottery!)

May 2018 bring you enough. Enough time with loved ones, enough money to cover costs, enough food to fill your belly, and enough fabric to keep you in stitches.

Happy New Year!
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
          That's our kind of meal....YUM!
          With so many there, she won't notice a couple of more, Barb. Sounds delicious to me too!
          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

My DGD, who is staying with me for a while because of Hurricane Harvey, has succumbed to the flu. No festivities for us. I'm sure the neighbors will light up the sky with fireworks tonight. Tomorrow we will be having smoked turkey and black-eyed peas and cabbage for New Year's Day. I'm supposed to have an outpatient procedure on the 2nd if I don't come down with the flu before then. I did have a flu shot, but I don't have much confidence in it. Happy New Year to all with an abundance of joy, wealth and health.

Comment

DH has succumbed to a heavy cold so not much doing here. We had DD & SIL to dinner but they left a few hours ago - it's the first new year they have been on their own as DGS is away at Christian camp until tomorrow.

As I type the fireworks are going off in the area as it's now just past midnight so I'll wish everyone a healthy, happy and peaceful new year - welcome to 2018 may it be everything you want it to be!!

Comment

Update: My in laws left today! :icon_whoohoo:

It was a long two weeks. I had this icky cold thing and was still trying to get the painting and prep done. My MIL couldn't take the paint fumes, so I had to stop before I got the kitchen finished. I managed to give my cold to everybody in this house. Maybe they will think twice before they decide to come stay at our place again. I love my husband, and that is why I didn't make a huge deal about this to him. I am going to vent here though, sorry.
                They are horrible house guests. They leave dirty cups and glasses all over the house. Some dishes made it to the sink and were left with food to dry on them. Others were rinsed I'm guessing, but there was melted butter or grease left on them in the dish rack. The concept of the dishwasher completely escaped them. I made food. Lots of food. There is still about 3 pounds of ham, a pound or so of smoked beef brisket, a pound plus of cooked chicken, and a bunch of cheese , fruit, and veggies left in my fridge. MIL went digging through my freezer and found a package of frozen hot dogs. They were 97 cents, so it's not about the $. Who does that? With that much good food in the fridge, who pokes through someone's freezer? (I could see if I was sick in bed and there wasn't anything out for supper, but that wasn't the case.)
                I went in to change the sheets and found wet towels draped across my wooden desk chair. I do not know why they didn't use the hooks on the back of the bathroom door. (I also discovered they used my wooden dining chairs to dry their clothes.)
                I went into collect the hand towels out of the bathroom and found that they had pulled the towel bar out of the wall. Thankfully, I hadn't gotten to painting the bathroom yet, so I'm not having to repair the wall and repaint too. If they come to visit again and insist on staying here, we will either have to install safety grab bars, or they will have to take a shower in our bathroom since we have a lower threshold in our shower. Personally, I'm all for an easy access room at their timeshare at the ocean. We can get a unit with our points, and the family can visit each other there! (I can stay home and take care of the farm, and drive down for a day or two.)
                OK. Vent done. Thanks.

The linens have all been changed, the guest room/office has been restored and we will pack up the Christmas decorations and take down the tree tomorrow. Depending on the weather, we will either clean the barn, or work on painting the rest of house. Once the painting is done, I will probably clean the carpets and consider the deep-cleaning done except for the outside windows.

I hope you all have a wonderful evening and a great start to your new year! I may even get into the sewing room and start on that "Scrappy" project for the 2018 Secret Santa swap!
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Toggpin:
                  Wow, they sound like awful quests! When my MIL (now deceased) visited, she checked everywhere to see if I cleaned.....even behind the fridge! She wouldn't eat leftovers, so a new meal every night. (They ate every meal out, she never cooked). I always washed the dishes wrong (I'm the dishwasher), used the wrong pots, cooked the wrong food. I never did anything right. I too was super relieved when she left. Thankfully, she couldn't stand my house, food, the way I did stuff. So she only stayed a few days....tops!

Hang in there, there's always hope.....I'm so happy they're gone and your house is back together.....and you're going to get some sew time!

Comment

Working...
                  X