Your comments please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your comments please

Our sewing group of 15 will be exchanging homemade gifts for Christmas. Our cap is $10. I have bought a pie plate and am going to make a homemade pie. Do you think this is acceptable? They are anticipating a homemade gift and probably not a pie. Your comments please....
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Re: Your comments please

Speaking personally I would love to receive a homemade pie Gift food, after all, is calorie and guilt free.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I would love a pie but I'm always the weird person in a group
      :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

I think that would be fine, as long as it was packaged with one of those pie pot holders:

A Pot Holder.jpg
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I would gratefully accept. May I suggest that you include a pot holder or nice tea towel with it?
          My grandmother used to have a fabric pie carrier for when she went to potlucks. As I remember it, it was a round piece of fabric about 6 inches wider than the pie plate and was gathered by a string, similar to a waistband. She had sewn straps that went under the main fabric and came together to form handles.

Comment

I think that's a cool idea, and especially with those pie pot holders!!

Comment

A pie is "homemade" & probably would take less time to make than a sewn item. It also could be muffins, cupcakes, bread, cake, candy, or any number of possibilities. Go for it!

Comment

Growing up, we always did gifts of food. Dad would make cookies, pound cakes, and fruit cakes. A gift you make is giving more than the gift, it's giving of yourself. What could be better than that!
                Katrina
                From NC, retired in FL
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

A homemade pie is a great idea - seasonally appropriate, practical (recipient can share with the group/family or eat it all themselves) and thoughtful (saves the recipient from making/buying.) As a non-baker, I do not underestimate the skill and time that it takes to make a good pie.
                  Slainte!

Liz

:icon_pcnoob:

Comment

Dawn, I would love a pie!!! I am the only one in my circle that makes food from scratch ( the rest of them hit places like Costco,Sam's Club, etc)....although when I bring homemade things, it's always a hit, so I say, go for it.

So, what kind of pie are you thinking of making ? My grandma had this chocolate pie recipe that's to die for. I often make that, or an Apple Pie, simply because a lot of people eat Apple pies.( at least where I am from) I have been known to make Pumpkin Pie, although I don't like Pumpkin Pie at all, but I will make one to take to a Christmas dinner, etc.

Turkey 2.jpg
                    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I think a homemade pie will go down well especially at this time of year when everyone is so busy.

Comment

Hi! My 2cents worth: I think the pie is a fabulous idea but I think since it is for your sewing group you should include something that is sewn. Love the potholder idea!
                        Every great human achievement is preceded by extended periods of dedicated, concentrated effort-Brian Tracy

Life is not a rehearsal!

Comment

Great idea! Especially since this is a sewing group. Everyone there already knows how to sew so what in the world could you make them that they don't already have? If you had the time and energy and some stash fabric, a bonnet for the pie would be nice. Just a cover...maybe fashioned like a shower cap with elastic that slipped over the top of the pie might be cute as the wrapping.
                          But, as a thought...it doesn't have to be a sweet pie...it could be a chicken pot pie or a quiche that might be appreciated as a quick meal, especially if the event is in the afternoon it could be that nights family meal.
                          success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                          Terry of NC

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                            I think that would be fine, as long as it was packaged with one of those pie pot holders:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]147829[/ATTACH]
                            I sure would like to know the pattern for those cute pie pot holders.

Comment

One of my groups that I do exchanges with for Xmas says homemade and for the pie would be great. The other one says something sewing related. But I like pie, if I thought you were a good cook I would fight to get your pie.

Comment

Working...
                              X