Anyone Had Problems With Newer Ipads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Had Problems With Newer Ipads?

Just wondering if anyone here has visited an Apple store for problems with an Ipad. If so were they helpful? Did they replace your ipad or repair it?

The closest one to us is 2 hours away. Our Ipad that we bought in June is already giving us problems. It shuts off while being used. Sometime the image on the screen starts jumping with thin black lines running through it & then it shuts off.

I tried calling the nearest store to find out when there busiest/slowest hours are. You can't talk to anyone without answering the recorded prompts. And of course none of those prompts apply to what I'm trying to ask! I've made 3 attempts to talk to someone in that store.

On the first try, after I didn't answer one of the prompts.... I was connected to someone. I thought he was at that location.....but no he was not. He put me through to Applecare. I tried telling the girl that I was trying to reach that particular store. She kept saying they had to get some basic info from me before they could help me further. I just want to know when the store is busiest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! As you can see I'm a little frustrated. Then she keep trying to get me to discuss the problems the Ipad was having. I told her several times that my DH would be better at explaining it than I would. Then they said they could set up an appointment for us......that's fine but......AGAIN I need to know when the store is busiest so we will know when the best time to go would be!! We have to drive 2 hours to get there! Oh lawd.........guess DH will have to handle this one himself.

So have any of you had similar problems with the current Ipads and if so how was it resolved. We bought ours through Best Buy but we didn't buy the extended warranty. You shouldn't even need an extended warranty for something that is only 4 months old. Best Buy said we would have to deal with Apple.

Thanks for letting me vent.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Re: Anyone Had Problems With Newer Ipads?

I have gone to an Apple store with my iPad. Both in Hawaii and also at the store a mile from my house. You can make appointments, and I've done that a couple times. The last problem I had was something to do with the camera and they could not figure it out. Turns out something had to be switched in the settings, but we did not figure that out until they had handed me a new one and put mine on the conveyor belt that puts the on a path for the shredder!!! I told them to just give me the old one back, but it was already gone.

I was surprised to learn they destroy them! That iPad was only less than a week out of the box and they trashed it.....
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I'm hoping they will give us a new one but I don't know. We will see.
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?

Comment

Myself and my girls have ipads and iphones. And my daughter has and Apple laptop. When we have had issues, we make an appointment with the store. It does not matter how busy they are - if you have an appointment, you get in on your appt time. They have always been extremely helpful. They have replaced our batteries, provided a bit of training and have fixed issues.

I hope you can have the same success.
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I'm sorry I am not good with Ipads ect. I have had problems with Best Buy. I hope you get it fixed or replaced

Comment

This is just my personal opinion. I would not own an apple product. As far as I am concerned they are way overpriced and do nothing better then anything else. My 3 sons and I all have android phones and they are far superior to what they gave hubby to use for work which is an apple. They are hard to work. My youngest son bought himself a samsung tablet last year and its been wonderful for all he does with it and not a lick of trouble. He is buying me one for Christmas this year. I have heard so many complaints from apple users I honestly don't know how they stay in business.
            Hope you can get yours fixed and working because 4 months is horrible to have something go haywire.
            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
            Sigmund Freud

Comment

Depending on how "old" your iPad is.....Best Buy should take it back if it is under a year old......Talk to the manager of the store...not to the dept manager. Best Buy "should" do something for you.

I do know from past experience that these places that you call want to know "What the problem is with your device"? If you don't know and your DH does, then he should be making the phone call.
              Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
              http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Yes, we've scheduled many appointments at the Apple store. You can make the appointment online. They are very good about their times, regardless of how busy they are. I believe, but really cannot remember if it was through AppleCare or not that you have 1 year. If something is wrong with it, they will fix it or give you a new one. Don't quote me on this because with so many Apple products in my family, I cannot remember the details. The Only way you will find out though is to have someone there look at it. They don't charge you to look at it and tell you what's wrong. They will then give you your options.
                I am Sew Blessed!
                Alina

Comment

Here is a link to the retail area. Put in your zip code and the closest store will come up. From there you can schedule an appointment. They are very good at helping those with appointments before they will help those who walk in.

https://www.apple.com/retail/
                  Robin
                  My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Honestly, stores often give wrong info. Check with the company line.
                    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

I’ve had one iPad go haywire on me. Made the appointment on line with the Apple store. Took it in .. they looked at it and said yep you need a new one. Made sure all my stuff was backed up on the iCloud and handed me a new one. Signed in and yep all my stuff was there. Not one lost picture, contact, etc. I’ve had Samsung Android products, blackberry, kindle and all have lost stuff in their “clouds”. Never an issue with Apple products. Everybody’s mileage may differ and that sort of thing but I’ve found them to be the easiest to use. Recently my husband crushed his iPhone so thru the carriers insurance we replaced it. But when the new phone came he couldn’t remember his password. I called Apple care and that very patient rep spent 45 minutes on the phone with me helping to get his new phone set up. Again, no lost pictures, contacts, etc. Hope your experience goes just as good
                      Sherrie
                      Life ain’t always beautiful
                      But it’s a beautiful ride - Gary Allen

Comment

I have had a succession of iPads and iPhones. I had trouble with my first iPad because it shut off due to a thermal issue. When I took it to the Apple Store, the techs all gathered around my iPad in wonderment, saying they had never seen that happen! Knew I was going to get a new device then. My only issue has been with iTunes, the credit card it was linked to was cancelled, so it needed an upgrade, and for the life of me, I could not answer my security questions ( set up before iPads and iPhones were invented!) so my devices could never be upgraded because i couldn't reset my password. Got my most recent iPhone and iPad at the ATT store, so I never go to the Apple Store. I found Android phones hard to use, so I stick to iPhones.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                          I have had a succession of iPads and iPhones. I had trouble with my first iPad because it shut off due to a thermal issue. When I took it to the Apple Store, the techs all gathered around my iPad in wonderment, saying they had never seen that happen! Knew I was going to get a new device then. My only issue has been with iTunes, the credit card it was linked to was cancelled, so it needed an upgrade, and for the life of me, I could not answer my security questions ( set up before iPads and iPhones were invented!) so my devices could never be upgraded because i couldn't reset my password. Got my most recent iPhone and iPad at the ATT store, so I never go to the Apple Store. I found Android phones hard to use, so I stick to iPhones.
                          I love the Apple products too but don't even want to talk about how much I despise iTunes! I cringe if I have to do anything through iTunes. Talk about the most Non-UserFriendly product!
                          I am Sew Blessed!
                          Alina

Comment

Thanks everyone. DH talked to Applecare last night. They had him try a few things and try an update. That didn't work so they gave us several options. We will probably go to the Apple store this weekend but will get an appointment first. I'm hoping they will give us a new ipad.

Comment

Working...
                            X