We are going home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are going home

The cancer is now progressed to his liver. The liver was not the primary source. The primary source still remains a mystery. So, we were told Saturday morning sometime next week we could go home. Hospice will take care of him.

I am making room for his bed and all that hospital stuff. He wants real food. They say he can eat whatever he wants, but Friday he was throwing up and put on a clear diet. I hope they get his digestive system back to working before we leave.

My children silly kids worry about the strangest things. They think I will never leave the house and totally loose my mind through all this. Nope not going to happen.

Thank you, for listening to my crazy rambling. Please keep him in your prayers.

Teresa

Re: We are going home

Possibly they worry because THEY are "totally losing their minds over this"?

Comment

Teresa, I'm so sorry that you and you husband are going through this. Hospice workers are angels on earth. They will be there to help and encourage both of you. My prayers are with you.....Click image for larger version

Name:	Hugs.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	1611315
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I'm so sorry, Teresa. You will be in my thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks. Sending love and hugs.

Comment

I'm so sorry. Praying for you and your family.
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I am so sad to hear this. Take it one day at a time and know we are all thinking of you.

Comment

I'm so very sorry. Saying a prayer right now and sending a hug.

Comment

I know how hard this must be, but you have such a good attitude. It will serve you well in the time you have together. The kids have a hard time trying to see this outcome, but they are scared I am sure. Just make sure you make some time to take care of yourself. No matter how prepared you think you are it still hurts when the time comes. Make the most of every minute. I will keep you in my prayers.
                No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                Aesop

Comment

I sure hope he is able to eat some of your home cooking. Those small comforts mean so much at times like this. My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family.

Comment

Teresa, I am so sorry your hubby, you, and your children are on this journey. Am very glad that you will have Hospice to help you all thru it. Your children are scared, as you most probably are too, and I am sure they are expressing that fear. They can't imagine what this journey will be like for either of you. And they are the children, so they can't imagine the strength that comes thru loving your husband. Remember that they mean well - give them the gift of helping you when they can (even if just running errands, getting groceries, mowing a lawn, doing a load of laundry, or sitting with Dad while you get an hour or two nap occasionally). Allowing them to help you both will go a long to helping them too. You all are in my prayers.

Comment

I'm so sorry. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.
                      *~* Myrna *~*
                      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I agree with Julie, let your children help in any way they can. If family or friend asks what they can do to help, give them something to do. It doesn't matter how small, but it gives you time to do what you want and let's other be helpful to you.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this.
                          Prayers for comfort and peace for both of you. I agree that Hospice is wonderful, may they help bring comfort to you and your family too.
                          Hugs, Cathy
                          Be who you are and say what you feel
                          because those who mind don't matter,
                          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Prayers for you and your family. May God help and protect you on this journey.

Comment

Hospice is an amazing service and I'm glad you will be having that. Keeping you in my prayers, Things won't be easy, but know that you are stronger than you think you are and will weather this journey. Keep a positive attitude.

Comment

Working...
                              X