Can life get anymore complicated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can life get anymore complicated?

Well, the company my husband has worked for 13 years, seems to enjoy playing with our family life for the past three years; promoting my husband into management, moving us to Fort Smith, AR from Lee's Summit, MO. Short selling our home and losing money. Getting scammed on the first rental in Fort Smith, moved again within a year.

After 2.5 years in Fort Smith, the facility the company opened was closed and my husband's job sparred with a transfer to Springfield, MO back in December 2016.

Guess what happened today? My husband was fired due to poor performance? His cancer treatments are only halfway done and we will be losing the insurance he has provided for our family for 13 years.
    I don't know what we're going to do now; I am still looking for a full time job after 6 months of being here.....I am now in disbelief that a company could be so cruel and non-compassionate.

Prayers please......
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Re: Can life get anymore complicated?

Never ask that question because the answer is too often yes. I'm sorry for your problems.

Comment

I am so sorry that you have gone thru so many changes, and that your family is dealing with health problems. Keeping you in prayers for healing and hoping you both fond the perfect jobs soon.

Comment

Sherri - OMG ! I have no words that can sooth the distress you are going through. Praying that you can find some answers.

Comment

I am devastated that they can do this. I'm thinking if they said poor performance and the health issue is the cause, might you have some recourse? Perhaps you should talk with a disability lawyer to see if you have any recourse or options
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

Sherri, so sorry to hear of all the problems you are going through. Prayers for you and your family.
            Cindy

Comment

Seeking out legal guidance is a great idea.
              Last edited by Mimi_Howard; July 20, 2017, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear of the troubles your facing,I am sending prayers your way.I also think you should look into wrongful firing ,if your husband was fired because of his illness.
                :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I feel speechless but I agree with the others. I would consider checking into the firing with his health issues.

So very sorry you & DH are dealing with more worries and concerns. Prayers and hugs heading your way.
                  "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                  Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Prayers for your courage to face yet another set-back. By all means seek some legal help. God bless you.

Comment

That's just shameful on their part. I add my prayers for you.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Wow, so much for you all to be going through....I'll be praying for you both. Wisdom, to do what you need to and strength, comfort. May the Lord guide you and help you through this too.
                        💫 Star lover

Comment

If I were you, I would set up a consultation with a law firm with a strong practice in EMPLOYMENT law. I expect they would charge you little or nothing for that consultation. At least you will know what your rights are under the law and whether you might have any claims based on age or disability discrimination, or anything else.

(I don't think you want a Disability lawyer -- b/c those lawyers concentrate on fighting the government's denial of Social Security Disability. You want an Employment lawyer b/c they concentrate on discrimination, breach of contract, etc in the workplace.)

Comment

Sherri, This is such bad news. My heart is aching for you and your family. I agree that you should speak with an attorney that specializes in workplace issues. You know you already have my prayers that you will find favor with the Lord and that all your needs will be supplied as you walk through this valley. You should also take a look at the Missouri Labor Board. What about FMLA protection? Did he apply for it? ((HUGS)))
                            Last edited by Bubby; July 21, 2017, 02:09 AM.
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

How terrible. My first thought too was for you to get some legal advice in the matter. Seems like you would have some sort of recourse.

Comment

Working...
                              X