replied
    Re: Wednesday, oh Wednesday

Will keep Maizyn in my prayers....
    Power prayer.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Simply Quilting
    replied

Monique, prayers that all goes well with your granddaughter's surgery. As for the early hour, generally they want patients to be there an hour or two before the procedure for prep and I would also guess that she is probably one of the first patients of the day.

We had a nice BBQ with friends. The weather was making us wonder if we were going to have it as it did rain. The nice part was the rain reduced the humidity which was a good thing. The ground was dry where you could not even tell that it rained.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Leave a comment:

• MissMay
    replied

Monique hope all goes well for your little granddaughter.

We had a nice 4th with DS#1 cooking up a nice BBQ for us, DS#2 and DIL stopped by but declined to stay as they had already had lunch.

Leave a comment:

• WendyI
    replied

Morning Everyone! Happy Hump Day! Nice to have a short week this week. And yes, the sun doesn't hurt one bit!

Nothing much new here...well there might be but I don't wanna jinx it so will post later when I know it's firm. Planning some summer vacation so I'm excited about that. This week I'm going to be trying to get more done in my sewing room. I have decided I need a park quilt. The park is my favourite place to go and while they have benches that are quite comfortable, I think a park quilt will be nice to take and have a nice nap in the shade on warm days. We have a beautiful city park here and it's my favourite place to be on early morning weekends.

Monique, I'm sure everything will go well for Maizyn and she will have some much needed relief I'm sure. Love me a good car show...must have been a blast! Going to try and take some of those in this summer I think. Barb, thinkin of you guys missing wee Olive.

Sending love and hugs to all who need them! xxoxoxox

Leave a comment:

• peggiep
    replied

Morning Everyone!
    Carol - that was quite the ride inthe parade. Beautiful car!
    Today is moving in day for my new studio. I will post pictures on FB after everything is in (send a friend request to "Peggie Cookman Purchase" if you are interested).
    I can't believe we are having such great weather since it had been so wet for so long. 3 Sunny days in a row! Wow!
    Have a great day everyone
    Hugs to all!

Leave a comment:

• LauraP
    replied

"We rented a storage unit because with no basement, attic, or garage our 3 bedroom condo just doesn't hold all of us and my quilts!"

So are you putting your kids and husband in the storage unit? The quilts and material have to stay in the house so you can pet them, right?

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

Morning everyone,

Monique, I willing be praying that all goes well and according to schedule for Mayzin. I hope you find time for a nap so you have the energy when needed.

Carol, I love the car! I'm sure you had a blast! It's great to surprise the kids every once in a while.

We've had rain off-and-on for a while and the 4th was no exception. There have been celebrations around here every night since Friday so there were many opportunities to enjoy them whichever night worked best for you. Sienna (our dog) is hoping it's over now!

She seems to be doing much better. Thanks to all who were praying for her. The vet is thinking she has colitis and will need to be medicated. She's 8 years old this June. After 4 days on the meds, she seems like herself again.

DH and DS were off work for 4 days so the house will seem empty today. It'll be a good time to change the beds and do some cleaning.

Have a great day, everyone!

Leave a comment:

• RockinLou
    replied

Good morning! We had a calm and quiet fourth, did some shopping for kids, they just don't quit growing, do they? Barnes and Noble was a nice treat, and I got most of the storage items from one of the closets out and into the car. We rented a storage unit because with no basement, attic, or garage our 3 bedroom condo just doesn't hold all of us and my quilts!

In all seriousness though, the goal is to update the kids bedrooms this summer... so today I'm going to keep plugging away at storage items (Christmas decorations, my wedding dress nothing outrageous) and maybe brace IKEA after lunch if I'm feeling optimistic! I'd love to have the items chosen and in route.... then I can move forward with a plan in mind.

Part of this plan involves me and my sewing machines. Hopefully by tomorrow....

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

Our fourth was a little quieter than usual. Only two families of our children could come. 6 grands and their parents.plenty for a party. Rained off and on. DH got the mud packed down enough to get them across. Rained all night but he hasn't been down to check to see if it held yet. I'm going to quilt for Shriners today.we are getting short on quilts to sell. I had a lady stop Saturday that wanted a king size quilt but she wanted it in brown and burgandy. Oh well. They come in often wanting certain colors or themes. All I can do is just keep sewing and hope I have what they want...
    We made ice cream yesterday.that was fun. I don't think it impressed the kids that much though.
    Have a good day my friends. JCY, stay indoors with those high temps

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

Good morning ~ What a cool car, Carol. Love those old cars.

I had a busy day yest. I stripped the bed & washed several blankets. I ended up doing 5 loads of laundry. I aired the feather pillows outside in the sun. In the afternoon I did some sewing. Made some more block sandwiches to take to my FMQ class next week. I cut the backing & binding strips for the Two-Step quilt. Got the binding strips sewn together & rolled on the tube. I like to do those before I sandwich & baste the quilt so I don't have to change the walking foot later.

Well, it was a hot 4th of July. It got up to 101 yest.! It's supposed to be just as hot today. Last evening & night was a noisy one in the neighborhood. All kinds of illegal fireworks being set of by various neighbors. For the first time ever, our next door neighbors did not have a 4th of July party. I was surprised. Of course, they had a big bash for their twin sons' HS graduation a few wks. ago.

Well, time to fix DH's breakfast, so no more time now.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Good Morning,

Monique, I will be praying for little Mayzin and that everything goes well with her surgery. Try to rest up some today, you will be needing your strength.

Carol, did you have a ball or what yesterday!! Great picture....love the car, too! We opted to stay home last night, so we watched the Macy's fireworks and they were fabulous. We weren't disappointed we stay home at all. Dottie has been turning in at 7 pm lately, so she missed them. At 11 pm she gets out of her bed and joins us in ours. I guess this is our new normal since Olive is gone. I don't mind her on our bed as long as she doesn't pin me down....I have to be able to move some.

Jeff goes back to work today after five days off. I wish I could say he got rested up, but he worked around here most of the time.

It's raining this morning. A really bad storm just missed us but it's headed up I44 toward the apartments.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday....with Hugs.

Leave a comment:

• Ginny B
    replied

Good Morning. Happy Wednesday that feels like a Monday? It looks like it will be a nice day here....too bad I will be inside at work all day. Monique, I will say prayers for Maizyn. I hope all goes off on schedule. Carol, what a great looking car! I bet you had a ball

We had a real relaxing day. Spent most of it in the backyard reading and chatting and hubby took a couple of naps. Then we had an early dinner, talked about some projects we want to do around here (one is to move my sewing room to a different room) and then we did some front porch sitting until dark. What a relaxing day it was.

Have a great day everyone. Don't forget to smile.

Leave a comment:

• Carol336
    replied

Good morning Monique and all who follow. A cloudy overcast morning here in MD...DH just told that morning showers are in the forecast. Looks like water aerobics are out one more time.....that makes 0 times I've gone this week....my bad!!!!

We had a lovely 4th of July. DH was asked to be a judge for a large group of old cars/street rods that were riding in the local parade. We had to be at the gathering area at 8am to begin the judging, there were a little over 100 cars, all were amazing. At 9am we moved on to the parade staging area and more judging was done there. Finally at 10 am the parade began and we were assigned to ride in an amazing 1959 Mercury Montego convertible....I'm going to try to attach a photo of us riding along the parade route. The picture was taken by our son who had no idea he was going to see his old parents riding in the parade....I thought DH had told them about it and DH thought I had told them about it - so needless to say they were a bit shocked - LOL

19702421_10213769379970795_735605407835835344_n.jpg

Sending prayers for little Maizyn and for you, Les and the family too Monique.

Have a great day everyone.
    Last edited by Carol336; July 5th, 2017, 04:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    started a topic Wednesday, oh Wednesday

Wednesday, oh Wednesday

WHAT? Another sunny day with no rain? I think we have a record here.

Good morning everyone. I hope you all enjoyed your 4th celebrations.

I got a lot accomplished yesterday. I recovered my kitchen chairs FINALLY!! Doug, Les and I had a wonderful breakfast out in the morning. I went to the local library to use their internet, it is so much faster than mine. I am probably going back today again to download a couple more episodes of my show.

Les is up and getting ready for an early round of golf with a friend of his. I didn't sleep well last night, so I see a nap in my future.

My great niece will be turning 9 in a few weeks. I told her I would make an outfit for her American Doll. I have been scouring the internet for some free patterns. She picked out the fabric she wants used.

Well Maizyn has her surgery tomorrow. They have to be at the hospital at 5 am. I have no clue why that hour. So it will be a short night for us. Les has to work tonight and then I guess we will be leaving once he gets home. We will meet them at the hospital. I just pray that it won't be cancelled at the 11th hour after being there at this ungodly hour. I would be so thankful for a few prayers for her and that all goes well.

Well you all have a great day. I'm off to look for more patterns.
Working...
X