...my big fat frowny face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...my big fat frowny face

The surgeon called. He seems happy with the progress, but from what we both gathered, this could be for two or three months more. Poor MM is not happy with that. During the catscan, a suspicious spot has appeared on his liver that was not there before this is where the frowny face comes in. Radiology should be calling in the morning with a time for an ultrasound so they can look at it further......I don't have to tell you I am not liking this turn of events.

We went to Costco so I could get another fillet of salmon for my weekly meals....I LOVE SALMON! I also got two pounds of asparagus. I passed on the Rainier cherries....that would kill him to see those as he absolutely loves them!

While we were at Costco, the nutritionist called. The weekly blood work shows he is severely dehydrated. Well, of course he is! He isn't drinking anything!! We see internal medicine tomorrow, so maybe they will figure out something. In the meantime, they have upped his bag size again. Last week they added 2/3 more, this week, it's almost double the bigger size bag. I can barely lift them and the poor guy has to carry them around in a backpack 24/7. No wonder his back is hurting.

That is all I know for now......and it's not news I was hoping to hear.

If anyone sees this 2x, I thought I posted it a couple hours ago, but I can't find it anywhere!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Re: ...my big fat frowny face

God bless and keep you close. Will continue praying for you both.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Still praying for a sustained positive progress.

Comment

Still praying here too.
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Poor MM, he just can not catch a break! Will keep you peeps in my prayers.
          Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Continued prayers.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Poor MM! Hope he gets better news tomorrow. Still thinking of and praying for you guys. Sending you a big hug!

Comment

Sorry for this latest development. Yes, those TPN bags can get very heavy. When I was working eve. shift at the hosp., it usually was our responsibility to get those bags hung; they last 24 hrs.

I love Rainier cherries! Also Bings. However, I seldom buy them because they are so sweet & really shoot up my blood sugar. DH eats salmon every day for lunch. I buy 2 filets at a time, cut them up in small pieces & freeze them in 1 serving baggies.

I'll continue to keep you both in my prayers. It's been a long haul for you.

Comment

I feel for MM and will continue to keep you both in my prayers.
                  :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

thOKH16C89prayer.jpg
                    Will continue to pray for you.....
                    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Oh Pat...so much for the two of you....doesn't ever seem to end. So thankful for your upbeat attitude. Not sure many of us could be that way. You're an inspiration. I'll keep praying for the both of you...guess your journey is still going....hoping that the frowns turn upside down ....and soon!
                      Sending......

💫 Star lover

Comment

Sending hugs along with my sincere thoughts and wishes for this to be over and a good outcome for both.
                        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                        Sigmund Freud

Comment

Does the bad news ever end? I pray that it will end soon and happiness is on its way. I love rainer cherries. Now I have to make a trip to see if my Costco has them. I usually pass them up at my Sentry store as they are a bit pricey.

Comment

Continued prayers.
                            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Oh my.....you two just can't seem to catch a break. Prayers continue for you both
                              I love Ranier cherry and I really admire you for not getting them. But seriously.....I think y need them for you......surely you can find a safe hiding place for them......and I know MM is napping a lot these days....just saying

Comment

Working...
                              X