It's a sunny start to this Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a sunny start to this Monday

Good morning friends. Yes it is a beautiful blue sky this morning. I hope it lasts the day.

Not much going on today. It is a holiday in Quebec today, well for some anyway. Saturday was 'the' holiday. It was St-Jean Baptiste day. You can read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Jean-Baptiste_Day

I don't celebrate it and not many around here do as it is a predominately English community.

I did laundry most of the weekend and I got my purchases put away. I seem to have lost one little package of 28mm blades. I can't find them anywhere. They may have fallen in Bonnie's car. I will check that out.

I picked some wild strawberries yesterday and the berry farm opens today. I am going to try and get out and pick some. I have to work tomorrow again and on Wednesday, I am taking Bonnie grocery shopping, as she is not supposed to lift more than 10 pounds. I work again on Friday. And then another long weekend for Canada Day.

Today I am going to try and get into my sewing room.

Well, that's it for me. Have a wonderful day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: It's a sunny start to this Monday

Good morning Monique and everyone !
    Sounds like a nice quiet weekend for you Monique and again today. Hope you find your blades and get into your sewing room today.

My weekend was quiet too. I mad the mat for my machine Saturday. The weather has been perfect for the past 2 days and suppose to be nice the morning. But rain later this afternoon.
    I'll take what we have now, anytime!

Hope y'all have a nice day today wherever you are!

Comment

Just beginning to get light here, but it looks like clear skies. It's supposed to be in the 80's today with 90's the next 2 days, so the heat is back. I made my apron yest. It's all done except for sewing on the ties. With having only 3 FQs, I had to piece both the neck & the ties in order for them to be long enough. I had only a couple small scraps left over. DH is ready for his breakfast, so gotta go for now.

Comment

The skies are blue here too. Glad to see it, after last night deluge! My sewing room is a total disaster. I'm headed in there today. Calls to make about transferring NC licenses to FL and homesteading the house.

Hoping the china can make it here from the storage building today. More unpacking, and deciding what stays and what gets donated. We brought too much stuff down! Hard to believe after all the stuff we donated back home.

We hung pictures and art in the great room Saturday. Not too many places for hanging pictures to be found, so there are a lot of pictures heading for picture boxes like grandma mac had. It will be fun to look through with the grand kids and telling them about the 'old days'.

Time to enjoy the coffee and quiet for a few more minutes. Enjoy your day everyone!
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Morning all. Looks like a gorgeous day today and the whole week actually. Sunny and mid 70's with a passing shower one or 2 days. I will take it. Finished my Halloween runner/hanging for the swap...BUT my son said he wants it and I can't send it...So I get to start a new one for the swap. Work for me and a new dish to try for dinner.
          sigpic Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

Good morning! My grandkids, ages 16 and 13, arrived yesterday from Colorado for a 5-week visit. It's going to be a busy, happy time here. I'm working 3 days this week, then I'm off 3 weeks to concentrate on family. Probably won't be much sewing happening.
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Morning ladies,
              It is sunny here as well and it looks like we are done most of the horrific rainfall, small hail and lightning from yesterday. yesterday, We had the kids with grandkids over and had planned an outdoor BBQ to keep the 5 grandkids under 5 outdoors. That was not to be. So they played dress up with grandma's collections of costumes. We still enjoyed a visit and ordered pizza and wings which is a treat. I kept this low key, with fruit and vegetables platter. I was a bit tired, as I decided on a whim to take a bus tour/trip on Saturday to the Vermont Quilt Festival. The day started early at 6am bus pick up, and there was a line up at the border, so we were delayed. I still got 5 hours to see the fabulous quilts and get some shopping done. I got some nice fabric and some HQ echoing feet for my Sweet 16. All in all I had a fun relaxing day. Now DH had a rougher but fun Saturday. He was an on-land volunteer at our sailing club. It was a day where members take the public out on the water to get an experience on sailboats, catamarans and dinghy boats. He was helping with lifejackets and getting them on the boats. It was a very windy long day, so he was pretty beat. I think I had a more fun weekend. Now to rest, cause my feet are aching today. I may just go organize my new fabrics. Have a good day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by MRoy View Post
                Good morning! My grandkids, ages 16 and 13, arrived yesterday from Colorado for a 5-week visit. It's going to be a busy, happy time here. I'm working 3 days this week, then I'm off 3 weeks to concentrate on family. Probably won't be much sewing happening.
                Have a wonderful time with the grandchildren.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Sunny skies here in Pewaukee. Happy to hear there are sunny skies elsewhere. Was suppose to meet some high school friends for breakfast but decided not to go as I'll be gone all day tomorrow shopping with some quilt buddies. My DH gets anxious if I'm gone a long time which I will be so better to stick around home today and not be gone two days in a row. Besides I really need to get my quilt room cleaned up. I pulled out every container (well not every one) out of the closet to make a project and now I have very minimal space to actually walk now. I have all my fabric sorted by color, stripes, stars/red/white/blue/ and some by designer. It's good though to look through as I had gotten bags of fabric from a friend a few years ago and forgot about some of it. Anyway have a nice sunny day.

Comment

After yesterday's heat, today is starting with some clouds. I'll take it! I'm not a fan of the high heat.

I did manage to get all of the Food Market receipts sorted and recorded on the adding machine tapes yesterday. Now I can turn those in for $$$ for the school. The local market offers 1% back on all receipts turned in, with a few exceptions. I have to subtract all alcohol, cigarettes, money orders, gift cards, and lottery tickets. We brought in about $320 for the year with all of the tapes that were donated to the school. That is one more thing to clear off the dining table!
                    I'll update the PTA notebook with hard copies of all of this year's minutes and be ready to hand that over to the new secretary. More stuff off the table! That will just leave the final submission and order for Campbell's Labels for Education and the End of Year submission for BoxTops. I think I have a mom who wants to help and eventually take over this program! Whoo Hoo!

If I can get the dining table clear, then I can lay out a couple of super sized sewing projects and get those off of my list and out of my normal sewing space. We have a very long list of things that need doing this summer. We kinda gave up last summer with my step-dad in the hospital, so we have some catching up to do!

Off for a coffee refill and to get morning chores finished!
                    Make it a great day and share a smile with someone! Hugs, Cathy
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Morning all. Nothing new here as usual. It's overcast, and work is slow and I'm bored. I hate being bored at work.

I managed to actually get out of bed this weekend. Did a bit of shopping and then yesterday went to an international food festival in the city park. It was nice to be out and the day was sunny and cool. I took the dog and he got lots of attention so at least I actually got to speak to some people....made me feel lonely though seeing so many couples and families. I'm trying to force myself to get out of the house rather than staying in bed and doing nothing....I'm hoping some motivation to sew comes back soon. I have a UFO that I would like to Quilt but haven't done any FMQ in a while so will need to practice so might pick up some sheets at Goodwill and use them to make some sandwiches to practice. If only I knew where my FMQ foot was and what it looked like! lol

Sending love and hugs to all!! xoxo

Comment

We are leaving Yosemite CA today and making our way back to Illinois. My husband, daughter and son in law hiked Half Dome on Friday. They are all healed well enough to hit the road. We are driving back in our motorhome and they will fly back tomorrow. We should be home by Sunday but the latest will be July 4. My goodness I sure missed any type of wifi and cell service. I can't wait to see what everybody has been up to on the forum. I don't know where we are staying tonight but tomorrow night is Ridgway, CO so hubby can meet up with some hunting buddies. If anyone is in the area, or knows of quilt shops, let me know.
                        Robin
                        My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Robin, there are three quilt shops in Montrose which is less than a half hour from Ridgeway. Comes on the road before Ridgeway as you start up the mountain.
                          sigpic

Comment

Today we left my oldest daughter's after a wonderful weekend. My oldest granddaughter successfully graduated from high school. At times in the last 12 years we all wondered! We brought my youngest daughter and boyfriend to Syracuse NY to catch Amtrack back home to Arizona. Got them dropped off and headed back to the campground 30 miles away. Got here and looked in the back seat. There sits my daughters wallet so back to the station we go hoping we are in time. Meanwhile we are driving into the setting sun and it is raining like crazy. They have weird weather here. Made it just in time. Husband and I are headed for bed, then tomorrow it's off to Niagara Falls and then Cleveland, OH. We are having a wonderful time. Hope everyone else is too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X