Update on DD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on DD

I just talked to my DD. They will be releasing her with a bag of pain killers and muscle relaxers later today. Her injuries read like a Chinese laundry list. All this aside, she is fortunate to be alive....it could have been so much worse. She begins a series of doctor appointments Thursday and she may need some physical therapy.

Hugh is banged up and has injuries to his knees. Last night they were supposed to attend an award banquet because Hugh was nominated to receive an award for the historical restoration work he is doing in Old Orange, CA. As luck would have it, he won the award but wasn't able to attend. He was the last recipient of the award also.

Special thanks to everyone who helped us pray for them....this was quite a scare.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Re: Update on DD

Scary, yes! But oh so thankful she's on the mend and going home! I'll continue to pray for completeling healing and comfort....for all of you!

Comment

Originally posted by Star lover View Post
      Scary, yes! But oh so thankful she's on the mend and going home! I'll continue to pray for completeling healing and comfort....for all of you!
      I completely agree! Hope you are breathing a little now easier, Barb.
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

So happy she is going home and on the mend and the injuries were not worse. Hugs to all.
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

So pleased to hear she is well enough to go home. It was certainly a worrying time for you.

Comment

Yes, I'm very thankful things weren't worse. Thanks to everyone who kept praying. I'm heading to bed for a nap. I got zero sleep last night. Hugs...
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thanks for the update. It is amazing what the power of prayers can do. I am glad she is well enough to go home. Barb, will you be going out to see her?
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

So happy things were not worse, but still scary. So hard being far away too. I'll keep praying. Was her fiance released also?

Comment

Thank you Father for answering our prayers and for the continued healing of Christina's and Hugh's injuries. Amen

Comment

Prayers answered.

Comment

Just read your earlier post about your daughter , many thoughts and prayers to you both, it would be so hard be that long distance from her. Thinking of you!

Comment

OMG! I haven't read the forum in a couple of days. So sorry to hear about this accident, but very happy that they will be ok. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Comment

So very glad to hear DD and her fiance will be discharged. Certainly there must have been an angel with them when the accident happened. Injuries sure could have been worse. Thanks be to God for prayers answered. Kathy
                          All quilts cat tested and approved.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'll keep the prayers going. Did a search trying to find an article about the accident and find the internet doesn't tell all. Praying the healing is complete and quick.
                            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Thanks for the update. They are indeed very lucky. Probably lots of therapy and pain meds over the next weeks but things could have been much worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X