It's finally Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's finally Friday

Good morning. Eyes are doing so much better. They have started drying up, no more runny eyes.

So yesterday I NEVER got into the sewing room at all. I was like a squirrel. Did a little of this and a little of that. I made a huge batch of spaghetti sauce, so that is done.

Today I am off to the quilt show in Ottawa. Going to get one tire checked before I go. I am so excited. Hubby thought maybe he would come with me tomorrow but today has decided not to. Thank goodness, as he would find an excuse to not go tomorrow and I would be crushed.

Oh Phil has safely landed wherever he is and it is very hot there. That's about all I know. He could tell me but then he would have to shoot me (I keep telling him it is a top secret trip).

So have a great day everyone and a wonderful weekend to boot.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: It's finally Friday

Monique, so happy your eyes are better and that you have a show to go to! Enjoy!!
    My boys are taking me out for breakfast this am for Mother's Day. The place we want to go to isn't open sundays and my dh and I tried on a Saturday once and there was a line into the parking lot and out the restaurant! So must be good. I'm sooooo excited!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there...have a wonderful weekend!

💫 Star lover

Comment

Morning all,

Glad you'r eyes are feeling better, Monique. Have a great time at the quilt show.
      Anita, enjoy your breakfast with your sons. Hope you enjoy the new restaurant. Of course, everything will taste sweeter when you're with your guys!

Hope everyone has a great Mother's Day weekend!
      Cindy

Comment

Monique, I'm so glad your eyes are better, just in time to go see some beautiful quilts. Anita, enjoy breakfast with your sons. It doesn't matter what day of the week it is, just being with your boys is the perfect gift.

I purchased my own Mother's Day gifts this week. This morning I got myself 3 of the daily deal gift certificates from Missouri Star and yesterday I purchased a large certificate from Fat Quarter Shop. I'm set for quite awhile!!

It's a busy weekend for us. I'm getting a pedicure with my daughter this afternoon and going to a birthday party tonight. Tomorrow is a baby shower and Mother's Day celebration with my husband's family. Sunday starts with 7:30 Mass and breakfast with my kids and my mom. In the afternoon I am going to St. Louis with my mom, daughter, my two sisters and their two daughters. We are going to see Dirty Dancing at the Fox Theatre and I can hardly wait. I'm a huge fan of the movie, and there's nothing better than a girls day out.

Have a great weekend!
        Robin
        My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Morning Everyone,

Monique, I'm glad to hear that your eyes are better. That's a real nuisance that you don't need.

Anita, enjoy your time out with your sons. I wish my family nearby. Even living in the same time zone would be nice.

Robin, talk about having a wonderful Mother's Day weekend....enjoy it all.

Make sure to look at Juliet's post and the gorgeous quilt shop she found in Italy. I would love to shop there.

Yesterday Olive began vomiting and she's lethargic and not feeling well . I'm not sure what this will lead to. l I have Reglan for the vomiting but if she refuses food and water we may be at the end.

Wishing everyone a good Friday and a blessed weekend.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
            Morning Everyone,

Monique, I'm glad to hear that your eyes are better. That's a real nuisance that you don't need.

Anita, enjoy your time out with your sons. I wish my family nearby. Even living in the same time zone would be nice.

Robin, talk about having a wonderful Mother's Day weekend....enjoy it all.

Make sure to look at Juliet's post and the gorgeous quilt shop she found in Italy. I would love to shop there.

Yesterday Olive began vomiting and she's lethargic and not feeling well . I'm not sure what this will lead to. l I have Reglan for the vomiting but if she refuses food and water we may be at the end.

Wishing everyone a good Friday and a blessed weekend.
            Oh I hope not!
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Oh, Barb, I'm so sorry to hear Olive isn't doing well. Please keep us posted, I feel like we all know and love her.
              Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Barb, I'm so sorry Olive isn't doing well today. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

Comment

Sounds like everyone is set for a good weekend. My prayers will be with you, Barb. I hope all goes well with Olive.

I'm having a quiet weekend. DD in IL is spending the weekend with her son and 2 grandsons. He is going through a bitter divorce and has the boys on Saturday overnight. They're 2 and 3. DS#1 is in Oregon celebrating anniversary with DDIL. They need the rest after a long renovation of their kitchen. DS#2 is sick with a cold, and we told them thanks but no thanks on dinner!

DH is having shoulder surgery on Thursday, so I'm sure he will stay busy the next few days. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm supposed to keep him full of pain killers. Should be interesting. I might even get some sewing done.

I'm off to clean out kitchen cabinets. Polished the silver yesterday. I have one load of glassware for the dishwasher, but the crystal has to be washed by hand. It was my aunt's and is beautiful, delicate, and antique!
                  Last edited by Navy Wife; May 12th, 2017, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Barb, I am so sorry to hear little Olive is not doing well. I just hate hearing she is feeling so awful. I agree with what has already been said. We all feel like we know her and love both Olive and Dottie just from reading your posts. I will keep you and Jeff and both your fur babies in my prayers.

Comment

And Monique, so happy your eyes are better and that your son arrived safely!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day weekend wherever you are and however you spend it!!

Comment

Barb, I feel so bad for you .... Olive is a part of the family and it's so hard when they aren't doing well. I'll be praying for all of you. Like it's been said, Olive feels like one of our own...

Thank you all on your well wishes for my breakfast. Just got back and the food was fabulous but the time spent with my boys- priceless. And oh my, I heard stories of their college years that I'm so thankful I never knew till now. I might have tanned some almost to old to spank hinds! But now they are the best kind of men anyone could ask for. Responsible, hardworking, tender, caring....guess I could go on. As you can tell I'm very proud of them. Makes me want to cry just thinking of the fantastic jobs they're doing raising their own little ones and how so many families are torn up over relationships.

So again, hoping y'all have the BEST day and even better weekend...time flys faster all the time! Enjoy while ya can.
                        💫 Star lover

Comment

Good morning all! Robin, have fun on your Mother's Day outing with the girls! Glad to hear all other'S news, but Barb, you are on every one'S mind about your dear Olive. What ever this may mean, we're all thinking of you and Jeff and your dear pets and support you with our prayers and concern.

My play that I costumed is going into its second weekend. We got three very good reviews by local STL reviewers, lots of praise for our actors and actresses, and even a couple of positive comments about the costumes! This show " Born Yesterday" is very relevant to today'/ political situation, even though it was selected by the group over 18 months ago. Our most well known Repertory theatre has chosen this play for their 2017-18 season. I'all be anxious to see how our little community theatre's rendition stacks up against the professional version which will be staged next spring.

Tried a couple of versions of a fat quarter pattern called "Fat Friday". So easy to put together. Now I have some practice tops to work on my quilting feathers!

Have a great day!

Comment

Barb--I'm thinking of you.
                            Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Sounds like everyone has wonderful plans for Mothers Day weekend. I am going on a short date tomorrow which I am quite excited about. Other than that, not doing much at all. Liam has decided that he will make me breakfast in bed for Moms day. lol I will definitely take that!

Barb, I know what a rough place you are in right now. Poor Olive has been through so much. I was in your shoes about 10 years ago...my boy had cushings disease and I hung onto him as long as I could....but when he started vomiting I knew I was doing him no favours. Most difficult thing I have ever done in my life, deciding to let him be at peace. I'm so very, very sorry that you, Jeff, Dottie and Olive are having this difficult experience. You are definitely in my heart and thoughts. Sending lots of love. xoxo

Comment

Working...
                              X