.....home again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.....home again!

MM was discharged this afternoon and is back home. We were just talking and he is the best I have seen him since his first surgery. Perhaps this time around, he will listen to me when I tell him something is wrong. When we were talking to the discharge nurse today, I was asking why he had no fever with the massive infection he had. Then before she could answer, it occurred to me that he was on Aleve and Tylenol and they hid the fever! I had been taking it at least 2x a day and never once was he running one and there was no sign of that infection as it was all internal. Now we know what to be looking for, but I'm very hopeful it won't be recurring!

We found out he does not qualify for homecare because he is able to leave the house and get to the doctor when needed. I have looked at the open incision the past two days and I have not thrown up or passed out yet, so hopefully it will be fine. It just has a loose bandage over it so air can get in there while it's healing and closing up. We have to go to our daughters everyday so he can shower (we have only a tub and it's upstairs), let it air dry, cover and come home. Should take about two weeks. The doctor is very pleased with his progress.

As before, thanks for all you thoughts, words and prayers!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Re: .....home again!

I hope MM realizes what a JEWEL he has!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

What wonderful positive news. So good to hear. You both are troopers to get through all of this!
      Karen
      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

So glad he's on the mend. Continued prayers being said for MM, you, and your entire family, that there will be no more set backs, and only healing for MM and many joyful years to come for all of you.

Comment

So glad he's home and doing well! You both have been through so much!! I will pray that all goes well this time and that he keeps feeling good and heals quickly! I hope you both get some much needed rest!

Comment

Praying for great results this time.

Comment

You know, I had not really felt tired, just on edge with him in the hospital. Now that he is home, I am absolutely exhausted! I'll wait till he is tucked in for the night, which will be a couple hours, and then I'm hitting the hay!
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Glad to hear that things are looking more positive. Take care. Prayers continue.

Comment

Glad to hear he is home and all is going well.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm glad he is home again. Praying you both get the much needed rest.

Comment

Pat i'm glad to hear that they released MM.You will be able to deal with his wound since you have seen it already.We are always much stronger than we realize.I will keep you and MM in my prayers and hope he has a quick recovery this time around.
                      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Glad to hear he is home looking good and healing well. Now you both need rest.
                        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                        Sigmund Freud

Comment

Sounds like he is making a positive recovery this time.

Comment

Praise the Lord! Oh so thankful things are going in the right direction. Will continue prayers for a trouble-free full recovery. And that you are able to handle everything without getting exhausted. Such great news!
                            💫 Star lover

Comment

I am glad he is home and that you get some needed rest.
                              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                              X