Update On Olive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update On Olive

Little Olive had her second chemo treatment yesterday. Her vet wanted her to spend the day with him so he could observe her and he also wanted to talk to her doctors at the hospital in Columbia that diagnosed the lymphoma.

According to Dr Tom, some of Olive's lymph nodes are smaller and softer (a good thing) and her heart and lungs sound good but her breathing is a little raspy. She has an ongoing UTI that's complicated by cells being shed from the tumor in her urethra. She feels sick this morning and has refused water and food so far. I offered her a Frito (her favorite food on the planet) and she wouldn't touch it. So her antibiotics have been changed and she will resume taking a low dose of Prednisone. Next treatment is in 3 weeks unless we decide to discontinue treatment.

We are loving her and spoiling her every way we know how. Jeff is beginning to come around a wee bit about her prognosis but he wouldn't talk to Dr Tom yesterday. Your continued prayers for all of us are appreciated.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Re: Update On Olive

((hugs)) Try a bowl of ice instead of water, that could get a little water in her.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thinking of you all. (((HUGS)))
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Barb....continued prayers for Olive. Keep us updated, sweetie and call if you need to. I'll be at guild today....
        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Barb continuing to think of all of you and offer you hugs and well wishes.
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

Will do...................
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Thanks so much for the update. I know how much this weighs on you and Jeff. Prayers continue.
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

continued prayers for your family. Thanks so much for the update, I have been thinking of Olive often.
                Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Continued prayers for all.
                  Cindy

Comment

Thank you for the update, Barb. I think of Olive often.
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Thanks for the post on Olive. There is not much I can say but offer prayers and wanted you to know I have been thinking about her.

Comment

Prayers continue for all of you. You, Jeff, Olive, and Dottie....she has to sense something also. I am sure it has affected her mood as well.
                        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the update...sending prayers...
                          Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Continuing to pray.

Comment

My heart aches for you. Been trying to think of a way to say how sad I am for you and your family. We had a beloved fur baby, oh wow it was about 12 years ago - time flys. Our sweet Sandy had to be put to sleep. Hardest decision of our lives. She had a dogs version of Alzheimer's and couldn't stand for you to touch her, but still didn't want to be alone. If that was all, we wouldn't have done it. When we left the house she spent the entire time banging her head against a wall, door, whatever. She would be covered with her own saliva when we returned. I was working full time then and the vet said there was nothing to be done for her. So . . . As I said, my heart aches. They are such sweet members of the family. Never asking for much, just love. You all will be in my prayers.
                              💫 Star lover

Comment

Working...
                              X