Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another iPad question....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    another iPad question....

    I have an iPad but am not that wise when it comes to using it. I have all my purse pattern downloads on it. I discovered tonight that I can 'move' them into categories and started sorting them by designer. Then I saw that they all still remain in the big mess of things I am trying to clean up! I then got the great idea that I would simply delete them out of that mess and just have them in the section I had just moved them to.

    Thankfully, it occurred to me to try it out on a free pattern rather than a pattern I had paid good money for. I chose the one to delete and removed it from the original section after I had already moved it to the new section. Well, not only did it remove it from the original spot, it also removed it from where I moved it to.

    So, my question is this.....is there an iPad guru here who can tell me how to do what it is I want to do, or do I just have to put up with it, or maybe go to the Apple store and find out there?
    pat.

    No rain....no rainbows!


    sigpic

    If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

    #2
    Re: another iPad question....

    I don't have an IPad but followed your explanation completely. I feel your pain! I am sure lots of ppl here will come and help you. In the meantime don't move anything else around!!!

    Comment


      #3
      Re: another iPad question....

      Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
      In the meantime don't move anything else around!!!
      I have no problem moving them, but I won't be deleting anything!
      pat.

      No rain....no rainbows!


      sigpic

      If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

      Comment


        #4
        Re: another iPad question....

        I have an ipad but have not learned some things on it. Moving things around is tedious to me on is device. I love the ease of it being handy and reading things on it. Getting patterns and printing. But there are things that I am unable to do on the forum with photos so it is frustrating. I am going to buy a new laptop/tablet, possibly the Surface Pro, this spring. I want to do other things and the ipad is just not working for me in all areas. Wont give it up, just adding another tool for myself.

        Sorry I am not helpful, but I am sure someone will be here to help.
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

        Comment


          #5
          Re: another iPad question....

          I hear what you are asking but I could not figure out how to only keep the pattern in the category you want it in. I believe they all stay in PDF but you can set them up into categories which would make it easier to find when looking for a specific pattern.

          If there is a better way I don't know it..
          April

          Comment


            #6
            Re: another iPad question....

            Originally posted by QuiltingRN View Post
            I hear what you are asking but I could not figure out how to only keep the pattern in the category you want it in. I believe they all stay in PDF but you can set them up into categories which would make it easier to find when looking for a specific pattern.

            If there is a better way I don't know it..
            Yes, I know how to move them to categories, but I don't like them in two places and wanted to clean up that mess. I'll be headed to the Apple store shortly.
            pat.

            No rain....no rainbows!


            sigpic

            If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

            Comment


              #7
              Re: another iPad question....

              Please let us know if you find a way to clean them up. I would like to do that also. Thanks.
              April

              Comment


                #8
                Re: another iPad question....

                Send Jean a PM to get her attention. She uses her ipad for everything and would probably know more about them than anyone here.
                K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.


                Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: another iPad question....

                  Are they all in iBooks?

                  If yes, from the top menu you might see "All Books" with a tiny arrow next to it, touch on that, then you can select any single collection you are interested in viewing. The defaults are books / Audiobooks/ PDFs if that is where you created your new collections you can choose a collection there to view. "All Books" however will show everything. I sometimes switch it to "Books" or "PDFs" to declutter.

                  I don't know if that makes sense?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: another iPad question....

                    Originally posted by RockinLou View Post
                    Are they all in iBooks?

                    If yes, from the top menu you might see "All Books" with a tiny arrow next to it, touch on that, then you can select any single collection you are interested in viewing. The defaults are books / Audiobooks/ PDFs if that is where you created your new collections you can choose a collection there to view. "All Books" however will show everything. I sometimes switch it to "Books" or "PDFs" to declutter.

                    I don't know if that makes sense?
                    I knew it does that, but my problem is that I don't want them in two different places. I want to be able to put them together under designer and not have that other mess to have to look at. There I some that I would not put into categories because they are something else, but I just don't like having the double stuff there. Thanks!
                    pat.

                    No rain....no rainbows!


                    sigpic

                    If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: another iPad question....

                      If it works like iphone, you can't. The original location where all the downloads are is like a library, any albums or categories you assign the patterns to are like an organized short cut to locate then in the main library. It's one of those lame apple things.
                      I hope the apple genius has a better answer tho, it would make my day.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: another iPad question....

                        Originally posted by Heather View Post
                        If it works like iphone, you can't. The original location where all the downloads are is like a library, any albums or categories you assign the patterns to are like an organized short cut to locate then in the main library. It's one of those lame apple things.
                        I hope the apple genius has a better answer tho, it would make my day.
                        That's about what I figured out and was told. I agree....it's stupid!
                        pat.

                        No rain....no rainbows!


                        sigpic

                        If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X