Wednesday middle of the week day!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday middle of the week day!!

Good morning friends. Well not the storm I was expecting but we did get some snow and a little freezing rain as well. We were lucky, other places got hit harder.

My quilt is now half way done. Hand quilting is time consuming but so worth every stitch. I guess you could call it a labour of love.

I have to work this afternoon so I haven't decided what project to take with me. I am thinking something small. I do have all morning to decide.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Wednesday middle of the week day!!

Morning Monique & Everyone... Jeff is on the porch having coffee with the Girls. I'm sipping tea in the sewing room.

We will be feeding/watering our neighbors' 4 cats for a week beginning tomorrow. Today I will visit the house and learn the ropes of where things are located. I have never seen all 4 cats at one time, but I see the mean one (Frank) every time. I guess he's the watch cat. Dot & Olive go wild when I come home and they smell cats on me.

Nothing much to report today. I'm going back to bed when Jeff leaves for work.

Wishing every a great day.....
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Morning, Monique and Barb.
      It's a dull morning here with bad weather due tonight and tomorrow. I have to go to the bank this morning and then I will get to my sewing room.
      Monique, I am also doing some hand quilting. Yes, it is time-consuming but I find it relaxing. I am working on a pattern called Bricks and Cornerstones. I machine quilted it but didn't like how it looked. I removed all the quilting and I am now hand quilting it. It's been a work in progress for the past year. Sometimes I spend every day at it and then lay it aside for a week or more.

Hope everyone has a productive day.
      sew-what2015
      Last edited by sew-what2015; January 25, 2017, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Sorry, somehow, I posted the same message a second time.

Comment

Good morning,

I'm up early this morning to take the commuter train to Toronto!

Was at physio on Monday and his opinion and my sports medicine doc's opinion is that the knee pain I have now is from bersitis. Bersitis was noted when my original imaging was done in August, but we have primarily been treating the patelar tendon tear.

At any rate, I am having ultrasound done of the knee this morning. I head back to both physio and my sports medicine doc (they're at the same location) on February 7. If this is bersitis, I'll be getting a cortisone shot in my knee. I cringe to even think of that.

On a positive, I am meeting my colleague from my prior life for coffee afterwards. Haven't seen her in four months. Made a quick little bag for her yesterday.

Have a great day peeps.

Comment

Good morning all. Well, made it through my first day back at work fairly easily. 98 e-mails awaiting me but got through most of them that needed action taken early and then worked on the rest. Just a few to deal with this morning.

The weather has calmed down today. Rain and wind has stopped.

I'm beginning to get the itch to sew something since I haven't done that since before we left for California. I don't have any hand stitching to do but I could work on getting started on the 10 knitted dishcloths I have an order for. Maybe I'll bring some yarn and my needles with me today and take a little "creative" time at lunch.

Have a good day everyone.
            Ginny B
            Levittown, NY

Comment

Morning everyone. Feeling much better this morning. Hubby was able to go to work. Its my day off, think I should be close to 100% by tomorrow. I can not stand being sick. My whole house had this flu/cold virus and it has wrecked havoc with everyone going to work. Son is still under the weather and so I told him NO work today. I am working on finishing up my new bathrobe/housecoat. I had to check the button containers twice for matching buttons as first time I was real sick and didn't get enough matching buttons, they are good size buttons and most of my containers have smaller ones. But I did find some. Next issue was when I ran out of blue thread....HOw does that happen? I have 100 plus spools of thread. But no real blue. Substituting a dark turquoisey blue to finish up. and maybe navy for the buttonholes. Guessing blue is just a color I don't use much. or maybe I used it too much. Hope everyone has a great day. It is cloudy here atm but we should see upper 40's and sun. That will make us all feel better.
              sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
              Time spent with cats is never wasted.
              Sigmund Freud

Comment

I was gone all morning, so I'm just getting here. I had Bible Study Fellowship this a.m. It was my turn to play the piano for prelude & the hymns. Had my $1.83 lunch at Wendy's, then stopped at Whole Foods for beets. I bought 3 sticky buns. They're so big, I cut them into 3 pieces & freeze them up to take out one piece at a time as a treat. I have the beets on the stove cooking. They won't be done for another 40 min. They were big ones & were chilled, so they'll take a while to cook. I freeze them up. DH eats them every day with his salad at lunch.

Yest. I sewed together 11 FQ strips for binding & made a sample block for practice FMQ for the D9P. With my back feeling gimpy, I'm not getting as much accomplished as I'd like.

More bad news from the dentist yest. I had my 6 mo. check-up. I have 2 crowns that have decay under the edges, so they need to be replaced. The one tooth already had a root canal years ago. Not sure about the other one. Also a dif. tooth needs a filling. The crowns are not covered by our ins., so that it out of pocket expense. They write off some of it, but it's still a big chunk of change. I have several dental appts. lined up. Sigh.

It's a chilly day, although the sun is out. Only in the 30's. It was only 18 deg. this a.m. with heavy frost.

After the beets are done, I hope to get some sewing done.

Comment

I know this is more of a night owl post than a morning one, but I couldn't get to my computer before this evening and thought I would check in. The kitchen reno is starting to show some progress, with the floor down and most of the cabinets built. Still have to wait for the electrician and the countertop, the later could be up to 2 more weeks before it is finished.
                  As a result of the reno, I have been catching up on Pat Sloan's Solstice Challenge...started the first block yesterday and finished the last (to date) this morning. They are fun to make and make up quickly.
                  The last time I was outside this evening, we were in the middle of another freezing rain/ice pellet "storm". Hope it doesn't accumulate too much!
                  Hugs to all!
                  Peggiep
                  "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Lyndaj, you need not fear the cortisone shot. I have had a steroid injection in the knee. They used a freezing spray to numb it up and I barely felt the needle. If you do have bursitis, the injection should help a lot, and the results last for months.
                    Originally posted by Lyndaj View Post
                    Good morning,

I'm up early this morning to take the commuter train to Toronto!

Was at physio on Monday and his opinion and my sports medicine doc's opinion is that the knee pain I have now is from bersitis. Bersitis was noted when my original imaging was done in August, but we have primarily been treating the patelar tendon tear.

At any rate, I am having ultrasound done of the knee this morning. I head back to both physio and my sports medicine doc (they're at the same location) on February 7. If this is bersitis, I'll be getting a cortisone shot in my knee. I cringe to even think of that.

On a positive, I am meeting my colleague from my prior life for coffee afterwards. Haven't seen her in four months. Made a quick little bag for her yesterday.

Have a great day peeps.

Comment

Working...
                    X