Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rockette news----Our granddaughter Nina performed this evening at the Inauguration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sewbizzy
    replied
    Re: Rockette news----Our granddaughter Nina performed this evening at the Inauguration

Originally posted by Bneighbor View Post
    congratulations to her! I have always has just great reguard and respect for those ladies.
    Short story. Many years ago my father was a young man coming back from WW2. He had been injured in battle and was coming home with so many other young men. While in the hospital, a man came in and said he would like to take several of these wounded heros to see a show. Dad was well enough to go. He said he was in pajamas, but wrapped in blankets and taken my ambulance to a huge theater. He and about 30 other young men were sitting in the front row, all wide-eyed boys back from war and on their way back to the farm. To his surprise, he saw the spectacular Christmas show by the Rocketts. He would tell us that they were the most beautiful ladies he had ever seen. After the show these beautiful ladies came off the stage and shook every one othes men's hands. It was then, that dad said, he saw what they had fought for....a wonderful country with the most beautiful people. He said he found the next prettiest girl he could find and married her...my mom.
    Your niece will melt the hearts and leave memories for so many people. With her grace and beauty and talent.
    Thank you for the wonderful story...Nina is our granddaughter and I can't wait to tell her about your post...

Leave a comment:

• Bneighbor
    replied
    Re: Rockette news----Our granddaughter Nina performed this evening at the Inauguration

congratulations to her! I have always has just great reguard and respect for those ladies.
    Short story. Many years ago my father was a young man coming back from WW2. He had been injured in battle and was coming home with so many other young men. While in the hospital, a man came in and said he would like to take several of these wounded heros to see a show. Dad was well enough to go. He said he was in pajamas, but wrapped in blankets and taken my ambulance to a huge theater. He and about 30 other young men were sitting in the front row, all wide-eyed boys back from war and on their way back to the farm. To his surprise, he saw the spectacular Christmas show by the Rocketts. He would tell us that they were the most beautiful ladies he had ever seen. After the show these beautiful ladies came off the stage and shook every one othes men's hands. It was then, that dad said, he saw what they had fought for....a wonderful country with the most beautiful people. He said he found the next prettiest girl he could find and married her...my mom.
    Your niece will melt the hearts and leave memories for so many people. With her grace and beauty and talent.

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

What a wonderful honor to perform at the inauguration! You must be so very proud of her!

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

So awesome! I saw the Rockettes at Christmastime, and they are so entertaining! I could see that show a dozen times and never tire of it.

Leave a comment:

• cv quilter
    replied

Originally posted by sewbizzy View Post
    Nina was one of the Rockettes chosen to perform tonight at the Inauguration...we are so proud of her...
    she came home on January 3rd...than moved into her dorm at Duquesne University...had to go back to NYC last week...she missed the first week of school, but will catch up when she returns on Monday...this is her senior year...
    What an incredible honor and accomplishment for Nina. How proud you must be. Congratulations. My dream growing up was to be a Radio City Rockette!!! Could have made it....but sadly didn't. I love watching them perform.

Leave a comment:

• snippet
    replied

oh my gosh! This is so cool that your granddaughter is a Rockette AND she got to perform at one of the inauguration balls!

Leave a comment:

• MaggieSue
    replied

Thank you kgirlmom, i missed it too, thank you!! Love watching them!!

Leave a comment:

• GaGa
    replied

Carol, I loved watching it and knowing which one was your granddaughter!!

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

I saw them and wondered if she was in the group that performed! That is so exciting!

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

That was a great performance! Thanks for posting the link.

Leave a comment:

• Suzette
    replied

What a wonderful honor for her, to perform for the President of United States! I am so very happy for her having this opportunity that few will ever know.

Leave a comment:

• grandma nurse
    replied

Thanks for sharing the link kgirlmom. I enjoyed watching. sewbizzy I know your are very proud and thank you for letting us know which rockette she is. Beautiful and perfect.

Leave a comment:

• kgirlmom
    replied

Beautiful! She has tons of fans!

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Originally posted by sewbizzy View Post
    Lorie, she definitely wanted to...
    That's good. With the threats of firing I just wondered. I meant no offence.

Leave a comment:

• sewbizzy
    replied

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I was wondering about you and her. Did she want to, considering some didn't want to do it?
    Lorie, she definitely wanted to...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X