Thank you to my Forum friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thank you to my Forum friends

Good to hear from you. Congrats on the good news with the house, and apartment. No doubt that prayers played a part in it. Are you going to make it to the retreat this year? It would be great to see you.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

So glad you have an offer and maybe another on your house! How are you going to find the time to move with your job too?

You new place sounds amazing! Lots to do and no regrets, that's perfect.

It's nice to hear from you

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
        Nancy, I hope there will be room for me when I visit, LOL!!
        There sure will be. We have an extra bedroom and there is a guest suite we can book if needed so we can still try to have our Forum north Retreat. There is a large party room with kitchen and tables etc so we can sew sew sew.
        Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
          Good to hear from you. Congrats on the good news with the house, and apartment. No doubt that prayers played a part in it. Are you going to make it to the retreat this year? It would be great to see you.
          I will have to see how the Canadian dollar exchange is Marilyn. I would sure like to go and see everyone.
          Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
            Congratulations on selling your house! It is not easy selling in the dead of winter unless you are someplace that is warm all year,(I don't know where you are) and only people who have been through this understand how stressful and how much work it involves on an ongoing basis. At times you fear it will never be over! Your new place sounds heavenly, especially the part about having an on site quilt retreat space and neighbors who quilt!
            I'm in Canada (Kingston) we are not too far from Toronto. You are absolutely right about selling in winter but the one good part of the winter time is that you only have to keep the inside up for the sale and not be worrying about the outside chores as well.
            Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by Lyndaj View Post
              Nancy, glad it worked out finally. Now if I could only find a job!

Welcome back. You were missed.
              Thanks Lynda. Don't give up hope Lynda- a job will come along. It is very difficult waiting though.
              Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by Carol336 View Post
                Nice to see you again Nan. Good luck with your move. We downsized to a 50+ condo 19 months ago and never looked back.....we love it. All the amenities you mentioned plus wonderful neighbors.....it's just been a win win situation from day one. I know you're going to Love it!!!
                Very happy to hear this Carol. You always kind of wonder if its the right move- the lifestyle looks very appealing but you do question if its right for you at this point I really believe we are going to love it. Plus we plan to buy a 5th wheel and spend most of our summer at the campground. I feel a real positive change happening. Getting so excited about this.
                Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by Grandma Nan View Post
                  There sure will be. We have an extra bedroom and there is a guest suite we can book if needed so we can still try to have our Forum north Retreat. There is a large party room with kitchen and tables etc so we can sew sew sew.
                  AWESOME!!!!!
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I think I would prepare to sell the same way I always prepared to move as a Navy Family. LOL. I would clean a bedroom, pack it out, and seal it. Clean a bathroom, and seal it. We moved each person with their bedding into the living room so that by the time the movers came we were all living in the living room, and using only the microwave for cooking.

Seems odd... but here we have 6 bedrooms and 4 baths... I'd clean and stage each one... and close them for our personal use. We'd get down to one bath and the kitchen only ... if I had a surprise show... make sure the bed is made, the dishwasher is loaded and move on... I may be giving that plan a try soon.

Hubs might stress over that stuff... but I wouldn't.

Good luck on your move... I hope to see you again soon!

Comment

Working...
                    X