Thank you to my Forum friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you to my Forum friends

Well I certainly have been absent for awhile. Taking on a part time job in retail certainly wreaks havoc on your Christmas plans, spare time and quilting projects. I have been pretty busy, no that is a lie, I have been crazy busy.

As Monique mentioned earlier this week, I have had my home for sale for several months. It has been so stressful trying to keep everything "showing ready" as you leave the house each day. Many showings, no offers. Plan, regroup, change price, rearrange the furniture, etc etc. Finally, yesterday we got an offer which we have signed back to the the buyer and potentially another offer coming tomorrow. Thank you all for your prayers, I can't help but believe this is an answered prayer and has taken a huge load off my shoulders. I am pretty sure that we have found a buyer.

Our new place is ready for February 1, so I expect we will have some overlap so that is a nice way to make the move but it sure was stressful thinking we might lose the new place. We are downsizing and going into a brand new apartment building with all the amenities that us younger seniors love like an indoor pool, suana, bbq's on the roof, party room, theatre room. and I am so looking forward to it. It is mostly 50+ active living and I already have a couple of friends living in the building (who just happen to be quilters- so we will be booking the party room to have little mini quilt retreats). I am so happy not to have to plant flowers and cut grass this summer.

Again, thank you all for your support and prayers. I told Monique, once you decide to sell and move your home, you basically have moved in your head even though your body is in the same place. I feel like I have been in limbo for 10 months and I'm cautiously optimistic that this journey may be coming to an end and we can start living again.
    Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Re: Thank you to my Forum friends

we are going through the same process and I know exactly what you are saying and being in limbo. Our home has been for sale since last March. We've only had one ridiculous offer. I have been looking at other places but we can't do anything until we get this place sold. There is complex that was an old mill and has been transformed into loft apartments. Nothing like I have ever lived in before but with all the amenities as you describe in the place you are moving into. Sounds like a great life style and looking forward to having more time for quilting and less maintenance.

Wishing you all the best as you start living again!

Comment

Wishing you well while you are moving. The new place sounds really nice!

Comment

Good to see you here. And good news on your house. You will hve plenty more time to do the fun things instead of chores.
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I hope the sale all works out well for you. Good to see you back.

Comment

This is great news. I know how stressful your situation has been, but it looks like the end is near. The new apartment sounds great!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Nice to see you again Nan. Good luck with your move. We downsized to a 50+ condo 19 months ago and never looked back.....we love it. All the amenities you mentioned plus wonderful neighbors.....it's just been a win win situation from day one. I know you're going to Love it!!!

Comment

Glad to hear from you with such great news. Now all the fun begins! Keeping those good thoughts and special prayers headed north though!
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Nancy, I hope there will be room for me when I visit, LOL!!
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Nancy, glad it worked out finally. Now if I could only find a job!

Welcome back. You were missed.

Comment

Glad to hear things are moving forward for you.
                      Cindy

Comment

Great news, Nan. I truly hope that everything works out as planned. I'm praying for you!
                        Peggiep
                        "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Congratulations, Nan! Exciting news, for sure!! How wonderful that you've already made new friends who share your love for quilting.
                          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Oh, Nan! I am so happy for you! Having gone through a 9 month ordeal of trying to sell a house, I know the anxiety that it can cause! Mine was my daughter's house that I had rented to her until she moved to NY. The expenses were about to drive me crazy! I hope your experiences getting to the closing are smooth, that was the worst part of my experience, getting my buyer to the closing table! Good luck in your new place!

Comment

Congratulations on selling your house! It is not easy selling in the dead of winter unless you are someplace that is warm all year,(I don't know where you are) and only people who have been through this understand how stressful and how much work it involves on an ongoing basis. At times you fear it will never be over! Your new place sounds heavenly, especially the part about having an on site quilt retreat space and neighbors who quilt!

Comment

Working...
                              X